All reviewssan isidrositting roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulwalk aroundshopping mallneighborhoodtaxiairportperukitchenettesolesdistrict
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Peru Star is located in an affluent area somewhat distant from central Lima and the sites yet close enough that a taxi should not be too expensive. The positives of this though is that there is potential for a quiet night's sleep. The staff in the hotel are excellent; all very welcoming and polite. The breakfast is refreshing and made to order each morning.
Despite the positives, the room itself was very noisy. We stayed in more than room during our stay and each time were placed near the main (echoing) staircase. Although the building seems to be made of concrete, the room doors are made of cheap plywood meaning that sound travels straight through it. Thus we could hear the reception staff talking to guests, on the phone, guests entering and leaving etc etc. This in addition to the odd smell in the rooms didn't make for the most comfortable night's sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the first floor close to staircase and reception if you cannot sleep well with noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank SallyOday
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel was nice and cosy. The staff were friendly and helped us make plans to get around town and arrange dinner reservations.

We had a room on the top floor, that was simple yet spacious. We had a decent size kitchen.

There's a supermaket a short walk away so you can get groceries and drinks and enjoy them back in your room.

The food at breakfast was fine, once we were able to communicate with the waitress in our dodgy spanish (spanglish).

The only issue my wife and I had was noise from the room beside us, which I think was occupied by staff.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the top floor. I has a separate kitchen/sitting area and a small balcony off the bedroom.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hocksta
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Rooms are small but comfortable with many charming touches. Airport pickup was on time and prompt. Located in a quiet, safe neighborhood. Might be a little harder to get a city taxi than larger hotels that has taxis waiting. Staff were courteous enough.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at Peru Star in Lima for a total of 5 days. They were wonderful in arranging transportation, both theirs and outside taxis. The rooms very clean and quite comfortable. They upgraded us to a beautiful 2 bedroom apartment for part of our stay, which was awesome. Nice flat screen tvs with cable (including some English stations). Comfortable beds with really cute pillow cases. Property was beautifully maintained with colorful plants and stone work. Friendly staff. There are better restaurants in Lima, but the hotel restaurant is ok for a late night when you do not want to go out. Only negative I can think of if I had to was they did not provide free bottled water. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed nice, but the higher floors had nice views of courtyard and swimming pool. Also quieter, bottom floor had some noise from rooms above.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cvd1
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We booked Peru Star Apartments because it was so highly rated on Tripadvisor, but maybe our expectations were too high. These were the high and low points of our stay here:

Pros:
1. Very spacious apartments (if you stay in an apartment and not just a room)
2. Very cozy and tasteful decor
3. Outstanding service and very helpful staff
4. Delicious, generous breakfast in a cute cafe
5. Safe location.

Cons:
1. Bugs. We stayed in Peru Star twice; first in Apartment 1, a very large apartment, and the second time in Apartment 16. Apartment 1 is on the ground floor by the garden, and perhaps that's why there were little red ants crawling all over the bathroom counter and little green caterpillars on the walls. (My husband says he only saw about 5 ants at any given time in the bathroom, but I felt like I saw swarms.) Obviously, these are just ants. Some people might not mind this, but I just am not one of those people. Apartment 16 had no bugs and was fine.
2. Strong odors. In Apartment 1, the master bedroom had a musty odor and the air in it felt just a little damp. In Apartment 16, it smelled like the chemical fragrance of cleaning supplies.

I really wanted to enjoy my stay here because the staff were so friendly and nice. However, the bugs and the odors made my stay uncomfortable, and that is why I am giving this hotel just 3 stars instead of 4.

Room Tip: I would stay away from apartments on the ground floor (e.g. Apartment 1) where there might be bugs coming in through the windows.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jiachien77