All reviewssan isidrositting roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulwalk aroundshopping mallneighborhoodtaxiairportperukitchenettesolesdistrict
Reviewed April 25, 2013

After arriving on a red eye to Lima, the taxi we requested from the hotel was patiently waiting for us. The apartment was very cozy and functional. The linen with the characters was just too cute. The hotel is on a quiet residential street yet very conveniently located. The grounds were prestine and beautiful. Breakfast was served outdoors in a beautiful garden area and was very fresh and tasty. We loved this place and would absolutely go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tica20000
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This family run establishment was a great find and deserves its Trip Advisor ranking. I stayed here for seven nights on three separate occasions during my tour of Peru and was very happy each time.

The taxi I booked to pick me up at the airport was waiting for me on both occasions and all the transfers I booked to get to the airport or elsewhere were on time. (Note however that taxis arranged by the hotel are about double the cost of hailing a cab in the street.) There was only one time they didn’t arrange the transport as requested and that was due to the new man on night duty who is well meaning but seems to struggle a bit.

For my first and third visit I stayed in room 7 which is small but on a high floor overlooking a courtyard filled with plants. I’m glad I didn’t have to carry my heavy scuba bags up the low ceilinged, twisty and narrow staircases to get to my room! There is no elevator so I don’t recommend a high floor for people with mobility issues. Also, I had the windows open as did my fellow guests and you can hear their conversations, TVs and amorous gymnastics if they are the loud types.

Everything was very clean and tidy and they try hard to conserve by encouraging you to use the same towels during your stay (in a kind rather than Nazi way). TV had a good cable selection and there was a tiny kitchen and all the crockery and utensils you need for light cooking.
My second stay I was in the fabulous suite in room 8. Which had a living room, kitchen area and separate bedroom and shower overlooking the swimming pool. Very quiet and spacious.
There is next day laundry service (not on Sunday) on the premises—they recommend you don’t entrust your undies to the commercial cleaners down the road. I even left my laundry upon check out and asked them to hold it for my next stay in the hotel.

There is a small pool, an enclosed dining room as well as an outdoor dining area on a terrace, a lounge area in a garden with a pool, and a reading room. You can use the reception’s computer to quickly read your e-mails when they aren’t busy if you don’t have a laptop. They will happily print out your boarding pass—doing so will save you a lot of time in line at the airport!
The complimentary breakfast consists of a small bowl of fruit, two pieces of toast or buns, freshly squeezed orange juice, coffee or tea and either a fried or a scrambled egg. You can supplement this for an extra charge. Like all the staff at the hotel, the wait staff are super kind and helpful and will try to cook you something you like if you are vegetarian as there aren’t so many veggie options on their menu. While everything is cooked to order (I waited an hour for a veggie empanada) and super fresh, I found the food bland so just ordered fruit juices and mostly ate out.

The hotel has no gym but there is a small nearby park and you can run around outside the golf course (cement sidewalk) which is also nearby.
I didn’t find the hotel’s location to be a problem. Twenty to thirty minutes from the airport and Miraflores and the Plaza de Armas. Taxis go by the main road parallel to the hotel all the time and are inexpensive but you need to bargain a bit.

I will definitely stay here again when back in Peru.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Poleinahole
Marcos L, Owner at Peru Star Botique Apartments Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Peru Star on Trip Advisor. I believe many guests will benefit from your thorough review of our small family-run hotel. We are truly happy that we were able to make you feel at home, and are very excited that if you come to Peru you will be staying with us again!

We wish you all the best in your future travels.

With much appreciation, your family in Lima,
Marcos and the Peru Star Team

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Decent rooms, great price, good breakfast, helpful staff - I would definitely recommend this hotel! It is in a good location within walking distance of the Miraflores neighbourhood and the Malecon. They arranged an airport pickup for our group of 7 people.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank glenwcan

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. At Peru Star we always try to make our guests feel at home while enjoying a good value. We understand that travelling can be expensive, and that's why we want to make you feel like you're staying at home: comfortable and at the right price.

Hope to welcome you back to Lima, soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Spent 3 nights here in April 2013 at the tail end of a 2 week Peruvian adventure... made booking based upon the 'Trip advisor' rating and was not disappointed. This is really quite a charming boutique hotel featuring it's own restaurant... unique rooms...swimming pool...good security...reading room and helpful staff.
I was given a very nice room (18) which was navigated to via a couple of tight twisty stair cases but eventually brought me to the top floor where I enjoyed a very bright open 'suite' consisting of a full kitchen facility, and a separate bedroom area with a lovely enclosed balcony. I could catch a decent view of the surrounding neighbourhood and lots of windows provided for a bright cheery environment.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for your stay in Lima

Room Tip: Well I was initially given room 19 which was fine (also top floor) but the young lady said I could take room 18... which was even nicer.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Brian S

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We hare very happy that you enjoyed your suite! Every unit in our small hotel has its own character and personality. My wife puts a lot of effort in decorating each one paying attention to the smallest details, like the designs on our pillow cases!

Our restaurant, lounge room, reading room, pool are all included to make your stay as comfortable and relaxed as it can be.

We wish you all the best in future travels and hope you visit Peru again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Well we didn't need it, we were only there two nights, but it was nice to have! Living area, kitchen, huge bedroom. Great. The place is conveniently located for most things in Lima (given it is so spread out this is a good compromise). Staff are really helpful, the hotel's airport pick up and drop off service is efficient and a fair price. Breakfast, served in the outdoor cafe, is good and they will serve you coffees and other stuff during the day.
The grounds are pleasant, lots of flowers.
I found nothing to dislike about it and for the price we paid it was amazing value. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RedHeadPeter

Dear guest,

Thank you for considering us an amazing value! This makes us feel very proud, as it is one of our goals to offer great and affordable accommodations to travelers visiting Lima.

We hope you had a safe flight back home.

All the best,