“Absolutely stay here!”

Ranked #52 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Absolutely stay here!”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed here on a short layover in Lima and my experience could not have been better. Great price, great staff, wonderful rooms with unique decor, and airport assistance. Will recommend over and over to everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the pool are great.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jody P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Port Talbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Wonderful staff that will attempt to help you with anything and everything! Spotlessly clean apartments, comfortable beds, modern and yet with such detail everywhere.lovely pool, surrounded by gorgeous gardens. Restaurant has improved since last year, varied menu with reasonable prices.Banks, supermarket and shops close by, and taxi's passing the door to go to other areas and beach. Thank you so much! Will definately return

Room Tip: If you have walking difficulties, then remember that there is no lift!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ioneel
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Found this place on trip advisor. It is in a neighborhood with shops, restaurants, transportation. Great staff, speak English, Spanish and multiple other languages. Breakfast included. Staff will conduct or arrange tours, help you figure out where to go on your own and how to get there. Internet access in all rooms.

Drawbacks, low water pressure in shower, mattress very firm.

Great friendly place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Sylviepro
Lima, Peru
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Great place to stay, 24 hour reception service, airport shuttle service, bilingual receptionists and a satisfactory breakfast. Came to lima for business, needed a quiet clean room close to the synagogue I work with. Researching the area I found that Peru Star Boutique Apartments was 4 blocks away from my synagogue, and had worked with many of my colleagues in the past. They know much about the Sabbath and had everything ready so I wouldn’t have to struggle in any way with doors, telephones keys, etc. Very friendly people, I tried their restaurant, even though most things in their menu are not kosher, they offered so many options I just had to try something, it was deliciously cooked. Streets are very safe, armed officers can be seen everywhere, most of the embassies are located within the same neighborhood as the hotel. Highly recommended for the Jewish community; the hotel has affordable prices, open minds, and a dedicated transparent service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alexandra S
Lima, Peru
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I've been staying at Peru Star Apartments since 10 months already and everything is awesome, the pool is warm and nice place to relax, people are so friendly and very customer oriented attitude, they make you feel at home and part of a family, the food is delicious I will add some desserts to the menu, The environment is beatiful a lot of flowers all around the place, the location is one of the best for all Lima, San Isidro is very safe and you can find a lot of places very close to have fun, good food, historical places, disco-bar, banks, barbershop, supermarkets...etc, when I arrived to Lima I stood on a 5-Star very known Hotel chain and I was bored since the 1st week then I found Peru Star Aparments and I moved on, now I have more than 9 months in a row living here and I am very happy and it is perfect...

Room Tip: I stood on different rooms and all of them have nice views, all of them are comfortable and you can...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mauricio H
Oakland, California
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The family suite we got was like a one bedroom,1 1/2 bath, apartment. Spacious bed room. It was very clean and well decorated. Comfortable beds.The receptionist was wonderful. She called to remind us about the dinner resevation they made for us when it was coming up. All the receptionists would come out to check with the taxi driver every time we took a taxi since we do not speak Spanish. They answered to our request very promptly.
When I first walked in, I was worried that there is no screen on the window to fend off insects. To my surprise later on to learn that there is no mosquitos in this region due to no rain in Lima.
One little problem is the bed frame of one bed in room 11 would squeak with slight movement. So I propped some tissue to stop it from making noise. I am sure that they will take care of it if I complained to them.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Peru Star is in San Isidro, the financial district and one of the safest and best-kept districts in Lima. The hotel arranged to pick us up and deliver us to the airport (very convenient in traffic-nuts Lima). Once there, you relax (see pix). The bar and restaurant are somewhat spottily staffed but breakfast is wonderful if the weather cooperates as it did for our visit. Our room was made up for four so it was slightly more crowded than it normally would have been and it was wonderful to awake to the morning doves through the open windows. We had a kitchenette which we didn't use but it could have been quite useful. The pool was wonderful during siesta!

Room Tip: One tip: don't try to change the reservations arrangements. We did and only one member of the st...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends