“Family owned, beautiful, comfy and convenient”

Peru Star Botique Apartments Hotel
Ranked #61 of 236 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Peru Star is in San Isidro, the financial district and one of the safest and best-kept districts in Lima. The hotel arranged to pick us up and deliver us to the airport (very convenient in traffic-nuts Lima). Once there, you relax (see pix). The bar and restaurant are somewhat spottily staffed but breakfast is wonderful if the weather cooperates as it did for our visit. Our room was made up for four so it was slightly more crowded than it normally would have been and it was wonderful to awake to the morning doves through the open windows. We had a kitchenette which we didn't use but it could have been quite useful. The pool was wonderful during siesta!

Room Tip: One tip: don't try to change the reservations arrangements. We did and only one member of the st...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nail56

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Really surprised when I walked in, the place is draped in flowers. I'm not sure if its a summer thing or not.... But the place is just gorgeous. Great maps provided, most of reception speaks quality english, strong wifi, and a solid breakfast. I stayed in number 18, which is on the fourth floor, but has the feel of a penthouse apartment.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnny W
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed here with our family and it was just great. We had the third floor apartment and it was clean and quiet. There is a lovely shared balcony. The kids loved the pool and we all enjoyed the restaurant. The hotel staff were all very helpful and accommodating. The hotel is in a secure residential area of Lima. It is away from the hustle and bustle of the casinos and nightclubs (which are still just a taxi ride away.)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank catrad
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The standard room was extremely clean and complete, hotel does not
have elevator, but the hotel staff takes care of all of your luggage,
including heavy suitcases, back packs, everything. They can store your
luggage for free, extremely trustworthy staff members, nothing was
stolen, last hostal i stayed at, my BOSE headphones were inside my
suitcase and were intentionally removed, didnt realize about that till
I got to the PERU STAR hotel and unpacked my bags. Staff members were
always eager to help with what ever we needed.

I booked my reservation first through expedia, the immediately
informed that because it was through an exterior vendor breakfast was
not included. I cancelled that one and reserved with them directly,
its better that way you get free breakfast.

Very safe neighborhood, good restaurants around the area and
affordable taxis everywhere, not a huge fan of natural gas powered
carss, but I believe there isnt one single taxi in Lima that does not
operate on NATURAL GAS fuel.

Great experience overall highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Found this hotel via TripAdvisor and booked a standard room through hotels.com
Because I did not book directly from the hotel's website (same price) I was not entitled to the free breakfast.
This Hotel is located in nice area of San Isidro and the hotel itself seemed very secure place.
The price for this standard room was fair.
I arrived around 12:45 (15 min early) the room was not ready. I waited in the lounge. My room room was not available until 1:30 PM.
My room was located in the 3rd floor (by the way the stairs are very narrow and dangerous, especially if you are carrying luggage)
My room was very small (That is OK because I only paid for a standard room), but it had a full/double bed and NOT a Queen bed as promised by Antonio from recepcion@perustar.com
There was a large, loud, portable AC unit in the room.
That night we arrived from a wedding around 1:30 AM and noticed people from the next room outside in the patio laughing loudly, smoking, talking etc... we let it go and tried to go to sleep, but by 2 AM they just got louder and louder so we decided to call the front desk and complain.
Next morning we received a call from the front desk telling us to make sure to leave the room by Noon (check-out is at noon)
Based on the above (personal experience) I have to give this hotel a poor rating and probably will not be coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank shadowplay101
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This was our last nite in Peru, and I wanted something other than the "big box" experience. I wish we had several nites to stay at the "Star", as the staff & facility was wonderful. Definitely not "big box", our room was an apartment with kitchen, LR, bath & BR. My partner is a neat freak, and the "Star" passed her inspection (not easy to do). We unfortunately did not eat at Peru Star, but I have no doubts we would have been pleased. I recommend the Peru Star if you are looking for a beautiful, quiet, off the beaten track location, with attentive staff, and a homey feel. Should I ever return to Lima, I would consider making this my "Home" for the trip. Thanks, Peru Star. Did I mention the FLOWERS!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This hotel is the way to go in Lima. Nestled in a beautiful, safe neighborhood in San Isidro, the property is beautiful, with flowers and art all over the place. Quick drive to shopping/business/dining in San Isidro, and just a few minutes from downtown Miraflores. Rooms were spacious, clean, and full of every amenity we could have needed. Breakfast (included!) and dinner in the on-site restaurant, Papas y Camotes, was delicious. Most importantly--service was excellent. The entire staff was helpful, attentive, and genuinely concerned that you have a good stay. They were very helpful with coordinating daytrips, pickups, reservations, etc. Free computer and internet lounge is a plus, too. HIGHLY recommended for any stay in Lima--ours was for pleasure, but this is a great location for business or extended trips, too.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends