“Did not honour confirmed booking, and attempted to hide that they sold our rooms”

Hotel Ferre Miraflores
Ranked #89 of 226 Hotels in Lima
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We booked 2 singles for 2nights and 1 double for 1 night direct with the hotel providing credit card details and holding an e-mail confirmation.The hotel even offered to pick us up at the airport( at a hefty premium).

Nevertheless on arrival they pretended we had never had a confirmed booking as we had not provided credit card details prior to our arrival.
When confronted with copy correspondence they admitted they were fully booked on the night, but they were unable to say if they would be able to honour their booking for the 2 rooms the following day.

The good news was that they transferred us to a boutique hotel next door the LLAQTA, that was cheaper with an excellent service and an honest management.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank AndrasP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ireland
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I stayed here on two separate occassions during my trip to Peru. The hotel has a great location in Miraflores. Staff were superb and they even helped me get a special meal request to their chef - whose food was also really good.
The rooms were quite good too - however, there are some room which do not have windows to the outside - their windows go to the hallway. Avoid these rooms.
LarcoMar, Av Larco and many sights are within walking distance of the hotel. If you require a taxi the excellent staff will happily order one. Also, they are happy to assit with tour bookings as well.
The free internet was the quickest I've used in Peru.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Holon, Israel
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Located at Miraflores, one of the upscale districts in Lima, Ferre hotel was precisely what we needed, visiting Lima for the first time ever. Location at the quiet and safe st. of Ferre was another benefit . It took 3 minutes of walking to reach seashore and Larcomar mall, at the end of Larcomar av.
The rooms were quite big, clean and accessorized. Breakfasts were more than good. Pitty the beautiful woman at reception spoke only poor english. But it didnot affect at all the good impression we got.
The tariff was unbelievably law...
If we visit Lima again, no doubt Ferre hotel will our choice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed August 8, 2010

My husband used a travel agent to plan this leg of the trip. They put us at the Ferre. The location is really good, off the main drag in Miraflores by a couple of blocks and quiet, but within easy and safe walking distance of shopping and food. It's about two blocks away from the Pacific Ocean coast at LarcoMar Mall. The first room they gave us had so much mildew that my eyes burned. I asked to change and the second room was better, but still some mildew. It was a funky little room with a window overlooking the main hallway, which must have once been a courtyard. Weird. Later, after our time with the travel agency was through and my husband went back to work in the US, I stayed here for three more nights. It was a much better room, post-agency, but still a tiny bit mildewed. I suspect many hotels have this problem so close to the sea, but it's irritating (literally). Also, on my return, they had lost my reservation. Good thing they had some space. Upon checkout, they wanted dollars instead of soles for payment, and it needed to be cash.

On the up side, the cook made a great chicken soup (really good) and they gave me two extra hours for check-out when I told them I'd been sick the night before. The linens and the room were clean, the safe works and the water temp & pressure is decent. Overall it's good, but I am not sure if I would stay there again. I hate mildew, so I might try another place because of the smell. Not a bad spot, though, overall. I would recommend it because there are good things about the hotel and the location is great. But I would ask staff in advance for a room with no smell.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JenniferSpencer
NYC, NY
Reviewed July 28, 2010

My friends and I stayed at Hotel Ferre for a few nights during our stay in Lima. The hotel is pretty basic and has everything you need. The beds are comfortable. The hotel is within walking distance to the Larcomar Shopping Mall as well as the Parque Amor. I would definitely recommend this hotel to someone visiting Lima.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Boston, MA
Reviewed April 28, 2010

1. We arrived as a family of four with two small children, with bookings done five weeks earlier. Imagine to our surprise when we were told that we were going to be on different floors because the hotel 'is fully booked'!! And no apologies!! That really put a damper on our entire experience.
2. The rooms were basic and adequate but without the charm that we experienced in the other hotels in Peru.
3. Breakfast was the most basic of all the hotels that we stayed in.
4. The location was really convenient., for mall shopping, cabs, Kennedy Park, etc.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank IBCD
Calgary
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed at Hotel Ferre during our third and final week of visit to Peru. The hotel was very clean and modern. We stayed in a triple room which was rather small, but the beds were comfortable and the shower was hot!!
The staff was helpful and the breakfast buffet was great!
This establishment was located within walking distance of Kennedy Park, Larcomar Mall, lots of shops and the beaches. Miraflores is beautiful and Hotel Ferre is in the heart of Miraflores!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family