“Delicious”

Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miraflores
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Great food, nice environment. Try the octopus skewers and the chicha morada local drink. The causa and the tiraditos are excellent. I loved their rice pudding.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,851)

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

I ordered Antichuros Octopus and my partner for the chocked both were very good expect they were very salty. Maybe try and ask for less salt, cause honestly they were really salty. Other than that, the place is very nice and staff are very friendly.

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

The portions are incredible and the food was super. Reasonable prices for the amount and the quality was off the charts. Why charge for the bread ?

Reviewed August 13, 2014

This place is apparently Gaston Acurio’s more popular offering. It specializes in grilled and local criolla food… no ceviche here.

The dining area is cavernous and somewhat loud. It seemed somewhat impersonal despite colorful decorations of local artifacts.

We started with an extensive sampler of many of the most popular appetizers on the menu. There were cow’s hearts and other exotic offerings. We really didn’t like any of it. All were quite heavy. I am not saying it was poorly prepared (I would have no way of knowing), but it did not appeal to us. The salads and other entrees were nothing special. The one exception was the grilled herbed swordfish skewer dish. This was the best entree we had while in Lima. OUTSTANDING!

Our waiter seemed to be upset that he had to work on a Peruvian holiday (Independence day), and he reflected this with indifferent service. He was not very patient with us as we tried to decipher this new food experience. He was not forthcoming with suggestions or even clear explanations of the menu items (and I speak Spanish, so language was not a problem). This was a shame as for novices, we really needed someone to hold our hand as the menu is not something we were familiar with.

Was this review helpful? Please let me know by clicking on the button below.

4  Thank Knownews
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Panchita is owned from what I understand, by a local chef with a collection of restaurants. This is his attempt to recreate local 'street' style food. I went with some Peruvian friends, so honestly don't know what we had (they ordered) other than that it was a combo plate with potatoes, grilled meat, some rice and other things. All were great, as was the bread and sauce they brought out. I also had a very nice variant of a pisco sour - all of their cocktails looked great.