“Best meal in Peru and Bolivia”
Review of Panchita

Panchita
Ranked #25 of 2,538 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miraflores
Rugby
“Best meal in Peru and Bolivia”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was great - 7 of us ate here our first night on a business tour of Peru and Bolivia, and it was the best meal we had. Wish we'd come back here for our last night. We had the mixed meal and tryed everything. The heart and octopus were especially memorable, for all the right reasons.

Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
bangkok
“Thoroughly disappointing”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We followed the recommendation in Lonely Planet Peru. Our starters of anticuchos (hearts and vegetables) were good except for the dry potatoes. However, after finishing the starters, we looked at the dirty plates for ages, whilst numerous waiters passed by,
The main courses were pretty awful. I had seco, which had a huge piece of meet, but of highly dubious quality, overcooked, and with lots of slimy fat. My partner's sword fish was so oversalted that it was inedible. The waiter offered to replace it without quibble, but the second fish was half raw, so we had to send it back again, to be cooked. After that, we did not feel like risking the deserts

London, United Kingdom
“The best place in South America”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've been traveling for two months and Panchita has been the best restaurant I have eaten at by far. I was alone and sat at the bar, the barman was friendly and helped me decide what to eat. Great drinks and great food. I had the cuy...fantastic.

1 Thank GianlucaEna
Tustin, California
“Bring your appetite!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

If you are in Miraflores and want to try a restaurant from a famous chef - this is the place. Unless you can get reservations for Astrid y Gaston this would be the next best thing. I was told Panchita is an anticuchería which I don't really know what it means but by looking at the menu there's a wide selection of meats. Entre selection goes from meats on skewers to a plate of fried pork. The portions are large, enough to share among 2. I got the skewer plate and it came with corn and potatoes. That alone will fill you up. I had to order a side plate of vegetables just to balance out everything.

The decor of restaurant was aesthetically pleasing. They tried to use bold colors but they were used in a settle way which was nice. The wait was easy for the restaurant. We got there about 1:30 and had to wait about 30 minutes to get a table. Probably best to make reservation ahead of time. Pricing is decent and well worth try!

Brisbane, Australia
“Overreted Restaurant”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

For the sake of argument not all overrated restaurants are expensive restaurants, just as not all wildly popular restaurants are overrated restaurants. The point isn't to call out places for the sake of being contrary: I believe the point that I want to make is, at this instance we've been disappointed: the place was overcrowded, the waiting for the table was more than an hour, friendly staff- fast to clean the dishes as soon as they appeared to be empty, clearing the unfinished glasses of wine. The food was very average and expensive for what it was. If time allowing endeavor some really Peruvian places, don’t always depend on overrated and touristy places.