“Best Sea food that I ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Punto Azul

Punto Azul
Ranked #25 of 2,437 Restaurants in Lima
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Best Sea food that I ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really enjoy this restaurant. Fresh food, great service and everything.
A friend of mine, from Lima, took us to this restaurant. They were really nice from the beggining. Usually you need to wait a bit to get a table, but the long wait worth it anyway.
They even were really nice with my kid, bringing special service to her.
Complete happy and waiting to return to Lima to try it again :)

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Gabriela R

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Albany, New York, United States
“Best Local and Casual Dinner in Lima”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I visited the Punto Azul located at Larco and San Martin street (Miraflores). Always you have to wait to be seated, but trust me, it is worth the wait. You will see many local people having a casual lunch or dinner. The seafood is the specialty of the house, fresh food, large portions, and great taste. Inexpensive. I went twice during my stay, just to try a different dish. Def one of the best places to eat. should be one of the top 10 restaurants in Lima.

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfectly casual Peruvian meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place where locals hung out and wanted some real Peruvian food, nothing too filled with tourists. This place was casual, fast and had hearty portions. The food was great and we would recommend for anyone looking for a "real" meal that isn't fancied up for tourists.

• Visited January 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Fabulous Mid-Price Cebicheria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

There's always a line in front of Punto Azul at lunchtime, and for good reason. The food's great, and you're paying mid-range prices for high-end food.

On my last trip, we had the Oriental Tuna Cebiche (I don't remember the name on the menu) to start. It was really, really good. I usually get my tuna seared only, so it wasn't a big jump to raw cebiche. The sauce had (I think) sesame oil in it, but whatever it was, it tasted great.

Our second dish was the Pescado a lo Macho. This is (usually) fried fish filet(s) covered in assorted seafood in a rich sauce. I asked if we could get out fish grilled instead. The waiter said sure, no problem. The dish had what appeared to be two whole filets, and the seafood included scallops, shrimps, octopus, calamar and a couple of other unidentified swimming objects. They brought a side dish of rice, which sat untouched on the table.

One note about Punto Azul: They are a cash-only operation, and you are a good two blocks from the nearest ATM. A wonderful lunch for two people will run about US$25-$30.

Visited August 2013
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Great Place to Try Cerviche for the First Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We wanted to try cerviche while we were in Peru and this restaurant came highly recommended for its cerviche. The cerviche was fresh and delicious. The portions are huge, so bring a good appetite. We also had the risotto with parmesan, shrimp and yellow chili. Very rich, but delicious as well. The clientele was a mix of tourists and locals, so you know it must be good if the locals wait in line to eat here. Very reasonably priced as well. Highly recommended for the food, wait staff and the overall character of the place.

• Visited July 2013