“The Best Seafood Value in Lima”
Review of Punto Azul

Punto Azul
Ranked #45 of 2,898 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

You're not going to find better seafood for the price anywhere in Lima. The cebiche may be better in some other Lima restaurants, but the overall value offered by Punto Azul is the best seafood deal in town. Line up early on the weekends (before 12:30pm), because if not, you'll find yourself waiting 15-20 minutes before getting a seat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,780)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a cab driver who had limited English. Thank goodness he managed to get across to us that this place serves the best ceviche. We went there at 1 pm and there was a line up out to the street. We had to take a number and were told that it would be a 30 mins wait. I inquired about booking a reservation for dinner instead but was surprised to hear that the place closes at 4 pm everyday. With them being so popular, they are not open for dinners!!
We ordered the fish ceviche. It was excellent. Absolutely recommend it.
We also tried the Parihuela which is thick broth with fish, a variety of seafood and a stone crab. It is kind of like the Peruvian version of the Bouillabaisse. It was good but not exceptional. Because we were sat at a table on the second floor close to the top of the stairway, we saw all kinds of wonderful looking seafood dishes went by. I would have loved to try a good number of them.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Punto Azul is one of those places you could go back to a few times on the same trip. They offer great seafood, yummy local cuisine and pour a mean pisco sour. The portions are generous, food is nicely displayed and there are many dishes that would be sufficient to share.

The wait staff are friendly, attentive and knowledgable. The atmosphere is clean, simple, casual and homey. There is nothing trendy or modern about the place, yet you feel as though they care about each item that comes to the table. Locals have said it was a mom-n-pop place that outgrew the garage they started in- it still has that family feel.

I would recommend going a few times and trying a bunch of different things. I have been 4 times and have never been disappointed. The ceviche is very good and is enough for two people. The causa was delicious as was the calamari. In fact, there was nothing I tried that wasn't excellent.

My only caution is to be aware that when a dish comes with sauce, it comes with a LOT of sauce. If you don't like your food drenched in delicious sauce, ask for it on the side.

I guess everyone should be aware that they operate on a cash only basis and from what I can tell there is not a convenient ATM nearby. Not a big deal, but come prepared.

I would recommend this place for families, lunches with friends, couples or even business. Go either early or late as it fills up quickly for lunch.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food is AMAZING! Prices are very affordable, casual atmosphere, nice staff. A very good option for seafood in Lima!

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Check this place out if you want some serious Peruvian food inside your belly.

The portions are grande, the service is good and you get your moneys worth.

Both times I've been there has been a que outside the door, but have rarely had to wait more than 10/15 mins for a table.

I'm definately going again before I leave.