“Thank you for the ceviche”
Review of Punto Azul

Punto Azul
Ranked #45 of 2,898 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2012

At our second visit to Punto Azul, we arrived at the restaurant at around 4 PM on a Sunday. We waited for 30 minutes and somehow ordered the last ceviche (of the day) with fish. Even at 4:30 PM their ceviche seemed fresh. Honestly, I would have eaten it even if it was sitting out all day because my appetite was yearning for some seafood (no more rice and papas fritas por favor). So far at this restaurant, I have tried the parmesan risotto, leche de tigre, aji de langostino, and some other creamy seafood dishes. Relative to the rest of Peruvian cuisine (rice, papas fritas, lomo meats, chifa, pollo a la brasa), anything from this place is going to be delicious because it's fresh seafood.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,780)

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is the best deal in Lima by far. They have great ceibiche and their portions are HUGE! The cebiche punto azul has a great sauce - ask for it with extra aji! You really can't go wrong here. Each time I come I see someone order something else that looks awesome. Lines get big so get there early!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The food in this restaurant is amazing! The ceviche is the best we had eaten. Definitely a dish to share!

We had to wait for about an hour, but this was part of the fun and the waiters would bring out little drinks of Pisco Sour and food samples, so this too was a good experience.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

This resto is on the border of La Molina and Surco districts in Lima. A ways to get to, but worth it. Excellent array of sea food. Tacu tacu de mariscos is excellent. So is the pisco. Go to it!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've been going to this restaurant for the past 7 years, and everytime is excellent!
I make sure to go there at least twice while I'm in Lima. The food is amazing. I would def recommend the tiradito bicolor (roccoto y aji amarillo), the ceviche is also delicious!!!
Every dish on the menu is worth trying. The price is right! Try to make reservations,
it gets packed between 1-3 pm. Most seafood restaurants close around 4 pm including this one, since peruvians are accustomed to eating ceviche in the evening. The biggest meal is always at lunch.