Thanks to all who wrote reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor. Thanks to you, I was able to make a well-informed decision. I will write my review in English but if anyone needs a Spanish translation, just send me an email.
1. The hotel-converted house is absolutely gorgeous. It has a spa-like quality (very minimalist but inviting, cozy). The staff was attentive and courteous. The women all wear burnt orange shawls so you can identify them easily, though they are most often behind the desk.
2. The breakfast is a true meal: cereals, juices, eggs any style, bread, yogurt, coffee, fresh tropical fruit. And the service is super quick!
3. Hotel taxis available whenever. You'll pay a bit more (about 40%) but given that taxis are dirt cheap in the city, you might want to pay the extra few bucks (and I'm not kidding when I say 3 or 4) for safety and convenience.
4. comfortable beds, clean rooms.
5. nice location. Not close to the airport but honestly, you probably don't WANT to be close to the airport. Stay by the sea. The air is cleaner. There's less traffic. It will take you a while to get to the airport (40-45 minutes depending on the time of day) but it's worth the drive when all is said and done.
6. Lovely patio area with umbrella and small pool. We didn't use either, as it's winter in Lima and too chilly to take a dip.
7. Amazing WiFi. I don't think I've ever stayed at a place with such a strong, constant signal (neither in the US or abroad!) Take your netbook!
1. The rooms are really lovely when you first enter. But I think that the configuration could be better. For example, there is really no space to put your luggage and the closets don't lend themselves for luggage storage. It would have been nice, maybe, to have a luggage rack. I wasn't going to unpack for a 2 day stay.
2. We didn't turn on the tv at all, but in our room (104) it was off to the side, which might have made for an awkward viewing experience from the bed.
3. Minimal noise in the morning can be an issue, as voices echo from the lobby down the hall.
4. This is a residential area so I was not surprised to hear dogs barking in the morning, also. But it wasn't really a true nuisance.
5. The jacuzzi was delightful and the bathroom was gorgeous but I couldn't help wondering if it was a bit TOO big. Oh, and there is no exhaust fan so when you shower, despite the ample size, the mirrors get very foggy. Same if you use the jacuzzi.
Overall, I liked this hotel and would recommend it to business travelers or friends who want to see what Lima is all about but at the end of the day, crave their own sanctuary. If I return to Lima (the ceviche is so good I might have to make a yearly pilgrimage) I would definitely stay here again. Mil gracias a los de Hotel Duo Boutique. La pasamos muy bien y agradecemos todas sus atenciones.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your El Golf Hotel Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duo Hotel Lima