“Red Psycho is the BEST!”

Red Llama Eco Hostel
Ranked #11 of 349 Specialty Lodging in Lima
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hostel was really nice. I stayed there for 5 nights and really enjoyed it. The ladies at the desk were very knowledgeable about Miraflores. One of the chicas called the bus station for me and order my ticket to Trujillo via the telephone so I didn't have to go to the bus station and she was able to get the best deal since I'm not a fluent spanish speaker.

One night, it was a friend's birthday, and the owner and other workers brought a tray of Pisco Sours to share, complimentary. It was very fun, clean, and fairly quiet. Bathrooms and beds cleaned everyday. Hot showers everyday. Great breakfast too, complimentary. They also have a full kitchen, with lots of dishes, oil, and spices. I made almost every meal in the kitchen.

The area was great too. Walkable to two theaters, the beach, and many restaurants. I would definitely stay here again. Just make sure to bring a small lock for the "lockers".

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Red Llama Eco Hostel

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I really loved my stay at Red Psycho Llama. They made life so easy. Having just arrived from Australia and very much jet lagged I was met at the airport by the driver that the hostel had organised without delay. Once we had arrived at the hostel I was greeted by the very friendly staff and settled straight away into my private room that came with an ensuite, TV and wifi. Very comfortable indeed. I really liked their quirky use of recyclable materials as room decorations. I'd definitely recommend this hostel!

Room Tip: I choose a private room which was really reasonably priced and came with an ensuite, tv and wifi
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here travelling alone in Peru. These guys were amazing. I won't name names, but some of the staff went way above and beyond to make me comfortable and fee safe. The rooms are small, but cozy and VERY clean! The bathrooms and eating areas are very clean as well.

It is extremely close to very good restaurants, stores, etc.

One note: I left some books there and there is a staff member who is going WAY above and beyond to get them to me for a decent cost. I am indebted to this wonderful employee of Red Psycho Llama!

Overall, it was wonderful. Highly, highly recommended!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was heading up by bus from the Tacna and was a bit concerned about the trip from the bu station in Lima. Luckily I spoke to the hostel who arranged for a transfer with the very friendly taxi driver Luis. It was all very smooth and when I arrived at the hostel I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who gave me lots of information about the local area.
The first few nights I was in a small 6 bed dorm which was a bit cramped and I could have done with a warmer sheet, but after that I moved to a twin private that was amazing and very comfortable.
The breakfast is lovely and one day they actually made mini pizza breads which were amazing.
The hostel is set in Miraflores near to a guard station which makes it feel really safe and it is close to everything you need. If you want to go to the centre of Lima they lend you the bus card at the hostel - makes things a lot easier!
The best thing about this hostel is the staff - they are extremely friendly, very helpful and make incredible Pisco Sours!!!
I went back to Lima before flying back to europe and went straight to this hostel, and if I ever returned I would do the same!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I liked the hostel, especially it's funky atmosphere, focus on recycling and friendly, cheerful staff. The location is fantastic, right in the heart of Miriflores, a super short walk to both the metro and Miriflores' great restaurants, bars and lounges. The staff were helpful with directions and advice.

The 6-bed dorm rooms however are super small - so tight that more than 2 people can't really be in the room packing or unpacking at the same time. It is a squeeze to be sure and smaller than average for hostels (I've stayed in a couple dozen across South America and these were the tightest spaces I've encountered). I'd also agree with some other reviewers in saying that the breakfast is a bit weird and too small.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Me and a friend stayed at Red Psycho for a one night layover in Lima and enjoyed our stay. Kennedy park is within walking distance and has many options for food and things to do. The staff was friendly, spoke English well and was helpful with calling taxi's for us. The rooms were small but that was expected.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a decent hostel. Good location, friendly staff who speak good English, ok rooms with good showers. The double bed is two singles put together and the sheets don’t fit properly which is frustrating. The breakfast is weird (pizza bread one day, onion roll the next) but there are other options to buy. The staff and location give it the very good rating.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple