1,169 results
All reviews beer pong a great place to meet la paz special thanks place to stay enjoyed my stay guillaume hostel melina mancora ronald backpackers receptionist sol coast
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

This was our first stop in Peru and our 6 month backpacking adventure through South America.
We stayed in a private room with a private bathroom (room 404).
Bedroom pros: room was spacious, we had a safe in our room and the bed was comfortable.

Bedroom cons: our room was really cold! Half the lightbulbs were out so the room was super dark. The bathroom was quite smelly, so we kept the door shut and the shower pressure was pretty bad.

What really made this hostel fantastic was the friendly and helpful staff. They were happy to answer any queries we had, gave us tips for our future travels and one staff member even printed some tickets off for us - legend!

We went and had a few drinks in the Loki bar one night and had a great time! The bar staff were friendly and full of energy!

The hostel is very social and offers different activities/ events every night such as beer pong, poker, jungle party etc. This does mean it can get quite noisey so if you are a light sleeper like me make sure you bring some ear plugs.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Loki.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2019

We decided to stay 3 nights in Loki Lima, since we enjoyed both Loki Jungle and Loki Cusco.

Upon arrival, the building’s Mr Blobby colours should have warned us away from this hostel.

Within seconds of arriving in our room we were hit with the smell of damp. The room was cramped, dark, dingy and depressing. Yet it took the broken lockers for us to swap rooms.

Our next room was of the same theme of being damp, dark, cramped and dingy (see pictures). Our beds were also not made upon arrival, yet this was sorted by the staff whilst we were out. Obviously I was then over the moon to discover a cockroach under my pillow when I went to bed!

That was not the only cockroach we found, and it only got worse when we discovered a used condom under one of our beds!!

Look- we are giving Loki Lima a rating of two because the staff were kind and helpful. But in all honesty, that’s not enough of a reason to spend money to stay here. The only reason we didn’t switch hostel is because we had already stupidly paid full price and were at the end of our trip so simply do not have the money to book another room elsewhere.

Ps. The staff have really been lovely, after all, they did let us change room originally. I informed the manager upon checkout and he did inform me that action will be taken, and room 303 closed off.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank VeryPerry20
Loki_Lima, Owner at LOKI Lima, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2019

Hi Verypery

Thanks for your honest feedback to us at Loki Hostel. Since your review we have closed this room fumigated and deep cleaned it along with a numbere of other rooms. We sincerely apologise for this experience you had and in future if a issue like this came up and you wanted to move first we would refund you the money paid upfront and second help you to find another place. This is not a regular incident and something we take seriously and we hope some stage in future to get your trust back.

Thanks again for your feedback as its very important to help us improve.

Safe travels
Dave

Reviewed July 29, 2019

I decided to come to loki one day and showed my dinosaur onsie to Joel, to ask him if I could wear it in the evening (as a visitor). He said no problem. I asked because I was nervous people would find it weird and judge me...but out of nowhere, Melina approaches me from the side, and asks if she can wear my dinosaur onsie. I LOVED THAT MOMENT!!!! It is exactly why I come to loki. People here don't judge you and are friendly. So you can be yourself. She then wore it while having a bit of food and took pictures with her friends. go loki

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2019

Victoria Melgar and the rest of the Loki team made me feel right at home. Great party and the best hostel to stay at if you are looking to have a good time! The people and the atmosphere are unbeatable and it is right in the heart of Lima. Definitely coming back!! <3

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2019

Front desk was great! I'm talking about you Melina, Victoria, Hillary! They havw always been kind and super helpful. I fell in love with the place and staff overall. Food is great and pretty inexpensive for Miraflores, and the bar is quite lively and drinks right on spot. A must for anyone who is staying in Miraflores.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Tiffany L, Marketing at LOKI Lima, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2019

Hi Ricardo! Thank you for recommending us and for your nice comments! It makes us very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to help you in everything we could.
We hope to see you again! And remember: Loki loves you!!