“Much cheaper than the tripadvisor price guidelines”
Review of El Muelle

El Muelle
Ranked #285 of 2,515 Restaurants in Lima
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
“Much cheaper than the tripadvisor price guidelines”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We got the steak and chips for 14 soles each, and it was great, huge portions too. It's primarily a fish restaurant, normally I'd have tried the fish, it is excellent in Lima, but I'd been put off by a stomach bug and wasn't willing to be adventurous. A classical guitarist started playing mid way through our meal, added to the atmosphere. Apparently there's an even cheaper lunch menu on weekdays, but we went on a saturday. Definitely worth a try

1 Thank Ryan G

Nairobi, Kenya
“Large portions but prices have gone up”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

A very popular lunch place. The popularity is based on the large plates and low prices - now prices have gone up 25% but still the queues are long to get a table. I go there when I'm really hungry. Not when I Iong for really good food.

Visited January 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Ceviche!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This place sells delicious Ceviche. It's not a pretty restaurant, and I'm not sure if there is anything other than fish on the menu. But come on a Sunday lunch time and sit with the locals enjoying beer, ceviche, and if you're lucky, a football match. We were the only tourists in there, I think the menu's are only in Spanish, so make sure someone in your group can understand it, then sit back and enjoy Sunday lunch, Peru style!

Visited June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic, fresh, delicious, must return”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I'd go back to this restaurant in a heartbeat if I were to return to Lima. I loved the small and intimate setting, nothing fancy, the patio open and we could smell the salty sea air just blocks away. The ceviche did not disappoint, as we ordered 2 combo platters to share. The seafood risotto was delectable, and we couldn't make up our minds which dish we liked best. Awesome, fresh food.

• Visited May 2011
Aurora, Illinois
“Insanely Fresh Fish. Best Ceviche in Lima!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We knew ceviche was on the list in Lima and we were on the lookout for the best place in town. A worker at the Biblioteca's tourism counter recommended El Muelle and we couldn't have been happier with the recommendation. The food was so good that all conversation stopped immediately. The place was a hole in the wall slightly off of the main drag in Barranco. We ended up with two different platters. One had ceviche and rice. One had ceviche and calamari. I'd be hard pressed to pick the better platter. We kept trying to send other travelers to El Muelle. Fantastic meal all around.

• Visited May 2011