“Very hard beds”

Ranked #148 of 306 Lima B&B and Inns
Moscow, Idaho
“Very hard beds”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Very friendly staff, but the beds were so hard, I did not go back here on my way home. I tried two rooms! It is a little far from everything except the park with the fountains. Few reataurants, you have to take a taxi for everything.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Purplecat8104

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lima
Reviewed March 8, 2012

If you are looking for good value for money, do not hesitate to book your stay at hotel Las Camelias. Any hotel in Miraflores or San Isidro (the tourist and posh areas of Lima) offering the same as Las Camelias will cost you twice as much. Expect a decent, clean, safe and modest 3 star hostal with very friendly and reliable staff. My wife and kid have travelled quite a lot in Peru and this hotel has surprised us positively!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kj M
Lancaster
Reviewed April 21, 2011

As I was arriving into Lima in the evening, I wanted to get a hotel that was near the Cruz del Sur coach station for an early start the following morning. This hostal was perfect. I asked when booking if someone could pick me up from the airport and all that was organised. Someone was waiting for me as promised. The following morning I was driven by the hotel manager to the station. Everything was no trouble to him. This took alot of pressure off me. I would definitely recommend this hostel, it wasnt too far away from the airport either. It was quite standard in the room but it was very clean. But the manager & his wife were exceptional.

Room Tip: Its not too far away from the airport.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank oohhay
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Hostal Las Camelias was a good place to stay in Lima. We spent two days there and it's close to the Water Park and the Historical Center of Lima.
The host picked up us at the airport for 20 dollars, and the stuff were very helpful.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Loregm
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My son and his college roommate and I visited Lima to do some Christmas shopping - specifically Lecoste Polos shirts for $8 at Polvos Azules nearby.

My rating reflects that this hostel only cost $40 for a 3 bed room. For $40 we received very good value.

The room was clean, the bathroom was tiny (think cruise ship small). There was good pressure in the shower - the water took about 4+ minutes to get hot - but get hot it did.

Our room 201 received a fair amount of traffic noise - but I always bring ear plugs when I travel and they did the trick. Other rooms may or may not have this issue.

We were there in the spring, if you go in the summer, ask about air conditioning as I don't think our room had it - just a ceiling fan.

The staff was helpful but did not speak a lot of English.
The included breakfast of scrambled eggs and ham was good and the rolls were heavenly light.

I would stay there again. We opted for the optional pick up at the airport for $22 each way.

The place can be kind of hard for taxi drivers to find. Tip: take a business card from the hostel - it has a small map on it. Next hand the map to the taxi driver and he will eventually get you home.

The free Internet worked fine for me even with a weak signal. Ask the front desk for the password.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends