“A nice, relaxing way to see the coastal areas of Lima”
Review of Bike Tours of Lima

Bike Tours of Lima
Ranked #10 of 159 Outdoor Activities in Lima
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get to know Lima with us in the most exciting way. We have unique biking, walking, food & cultural city experiences that cover both, the traditional and ‘off the beaten spots’ of this vibrant city. Be ready for this awesome urban experience!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The beach tour passes through some of the most scenic and historic neighborhoods of Lima, other than the historic center/Plaza de Armas, Barranco was particularly interesting and we really enjoyed our tour guide's commentary on the recent history of Lima, the political situation, and how this has impacted the city's development and preservation (or not) of some historic neighborhoods. It is a perfectly-paced way to see the city and learn from a native Limeno. I would highly recommend this tour. By the way, it is a very slow-paced ride so it would be appropriate for anyone comfortable on a bike and in moderate physical shape.

All reviews
"in great shape"
in 7 reviews
"great introduction"
in 10 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"take pictures"
in 30 reviews
in 188 reviews
in 35 reviews

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Within a few hours, I got to see the sea facing areas of Miraflores, Barranco, and Chorrillos. Witnessing a guy jumping off a cliff (a tourist attraction) at Chorrillos was a real treat. Cycling in a now particularly cyclist friendly city is also an adventure.

1  Thank Eric H
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I must admit, I spent 3 days in Lima and was not a big fan of this busy city. I did enjoy the bike tour since we got away from the crowds and saw the beachy area and quiet neighborhoods. We had a great guide he was really knowledgeable and super nice. We stopped for a nice lunch in a quiet bar/restaurant away from touristy sections of towns. All around the best thing to do in Lima to see nicer areas

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I did this tour after coming back to Lima from the Inca Trail. This 4 hour bike tour gave me the opportunity to understand modern Lima on a much more intimate level; it was a great compliment to all the historical Inca monuments you see in Cusco and Machu Pichu. The guide, Jose, was excellent. He led us around Miraflores, Barranco, and Chorrillos, stopping periodically at choice spots to give us a dose of history or anecdotal point of view from someone who was born and raised in the city. In terms of biking, it was very relaxed and can be done by anyone. We went at a leisure pace along a flat terrain, so it was not physically demanding. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed the exercise.

In a nutshell, I would completely recommend this tour. Biking is a excellent way to see any city on the ground level and Jose is definitely the guide to go to in Lima.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 6, 2012

seeing miraflores, barranco, the jumping priest area on two wheels made my lima trip a very memorable one. juan carlo, our tour guide, was full of enthusiasm in sharing his country's rich past and how lima is as of today. skirting the city's crazy traffic on a bike w my cool yellow helmet made it more exciting. it's not gonna hurt if u are with dutch tourists who know their bikes like pros and will watch your back ;) so, for those who are visiting this city for the first time.. i highly recommend it! - tp from los angeles, ca