“4-star rating...anywhere else but this district”
Review of Delfino Mar

Delfino Mar
Ranked #112 of 2,556 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Miraflores
Description: Delfino Mar is a peruvian restaurant specializes in seafood cuisine and seafood dishes.
“4-star rating...anywhere else but this district”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

One is obliged to judge a restaurant in this area exceptionally severely, because of the unbelievably high standards found in other neighbouring restaurants, especially along Calle La Mar (unofficially, Calle Gastronómica). So 4 stars pretty much anywhere else I know, 3 stars here. Parihuela too creamy, "pescado un poco sin sabor".
Ambiente informal. Decor unspecial, unpretentious. Not everyone eating there is "gente como uno". But then again, you may be very pleased that fellow diners are not all Upper Professional.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank MJS1944

• Turkish first
Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent Ceviche!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

On the advice of some locals, I tried Delfino Mar with the intention of having ceviche as an appetizer and an additional entree'. Didn't work out that way as the ceviche portion was much larger than I anticipated! What I can tell you is it was fresh, tasty, and the service was excellent. All the wait staff have been trained to stay in a certain area near their tables in order to respond quickly. I can understand why some might find that a bit annoying, but knowing why they are there should make that a moot argument. I was there for a late lunch and most tables were occupied, but not all. It is a very relaxed, no-hurry, atmosphere and located in a nice neighborhood overlooking the ocean. I can recommend it with no reservations whatsoever (no pun intended).

• Visited January 2014
“Best Ceviche”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

A friend told us about this restaurant and so we went for lunch. My husband ordered grilled fish with garlic sauce and it was light and delicious. But the real treat was the ceviche I ordered. It was so fresh and flavorful! It was probably the best I have ever had. The service was great too!

2 Thank Miatee96
“Wow, superb meal!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

After several disappointing meals in Lima, including those rated much higher than Delfino Mar on TA, this was a welcome change.

The food was fantastic and the service superb. Whilst the waiters English was not good the owner or managers was and could enthusiastically talk us through the specials, the main menu was in English too.

Would definitely go again if back in Lima

Visited December 2013
Ohio
“Huge portions!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I ate here our first night in Lima as it was a short walk from our hotel. We split the catch of the day ceviche, shrimp ravioli, and catch of the day fish with rice. All portions were huge! We weren't able to finish our main dishes as we were stuffed but the quality of the food was very good. The ceviche was delicious and a great value for the amount of food you received.

• Visited October 2013