“One decent room one terrible room”
Review of Bayview Hotel

Bayview Hotel
Ranked #120 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed January 15, 2010

We stayed here twice. One the day we arrived in the peru the next the night before we left peru. First night we had a decent room overlooking the street with nice windows that opened to allow fresh air in. TV, no tub, hairdryer only upon request (you might get one that works), staff was functional but not overly friendly. Location is great. Safe neighborhood, 3 minute walk to the ocean and an outdoor mall where it's easy to find a decent restaurant to eats outside, plenty of ATMs. Second time we stayed here there was some confusion and we ended up with a romm that had 2 twin beds. We could have been satisfied with pushing the beds together (which we did) but the room was just lame. The window didn't open all the way because it would hit the TV, you couldn't get to the toilet with going into the bathroom and closing the door, you had to practically step over the bidet to get in the shower. If they would renovate the rooms this would be a great hotel. If we got the same room on the second visit I would have been very satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 30, 2009

The location is great, about a block from the ocean and sea side mall. It is right next to the JW Marriott which has a nice casino.
The staff was polite and personable. The included breakfast was very good.
We had room #10 which was a queen size bed and a balcony and was very sufficient with very good maid service. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2009

This was one of the better places we stayed in Lima, and for the price, definitely good value. Rooms are pleasant and ours had a nice balcony with a view of their garden (and the Marriott!). If I were back in Lima, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I stayed in this hotel with 2 friends in July before starting a month long tour of Peru. I think it was a good choice for us. It is in Mira Flores, which is a really nice part of the city and right behind the Marriott and Larcomar shopping centre which has everything you need (including Starbucks!). The room was quite nice with a fridge which was handy, but it didn't close properly so it leaked one of the days. I had read some of the other reviews so I was a bit nervous but we found the rooms very clean and got towels etc no problems. The breakfast was only so-so; after a few days eggs get very repetitive! The decour is probably a bit run down but it was clean and the staff were very helpful. We organised an airport pick up for $20 which was a godsend because Lima airport is awful at 2am.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I just got back from Peru and stayed 3 days in Lima at Bayview hotel. It's a good choice in Miraflores, very close to the shopping Larcomar. The hotel has a great and helpful staff. The rooms are good and has a small fridge. We didn't like the breakfast, but the dinner was delicious. A nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank JuPenna
Reviewed April 11, 2009

We arrived in the evening (after an 8h bus ride) and they gave us a room out in the courtyard which we thought "wow what a nice view". This room had two double beds but only one towel (I mean really why put out two?) and not much space to get to the bathroom bc one of the beds was literally in the way of the door.
They recently restained the closet space so the room had a super heavy smell (which we being "reasonable" people decided to just sleep with the window open).
Trouble came when my friend and I returned from the reunion with our friend and I was ready to jump into bed when I pulled the sheets and discovered that the BED WAS DIRTY WITH HAIR AND 5 STAINS!
I called to have the sheets replaced and the receptionist came with one sheet and told me to throw the dirty one on the floor (thank you for taking care of your mistakes dear hotel). Under ordinary circumstances I should have stormed out of the hotel or demanded a different room but 1. I was exhausted after a long trip and 2. after 2 drinks, I did not fancy repacking my stuff so I mummified myself in my silk traveller's sheets and the sheet they provided for the night.
Next day, when I requested to speak to the manager, I was not allowed the courtesy. The receptionist expressed pity that they put us in that room and after showing the manager my camera with the photo she said that there is nothing that they can do... because I should have requested a different room last night at 3am.
During our 3 week stay in Peru, this was the most expensive place that we stayed in and the ONLY one with such a dissapointing experience!
I would not recommend this hotel to any human much less friends.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2009

The hotel is near Shopping Larcomar (1 block) and despite the cleanness the rooms smell musty! The staff is good and attentive. The breakfast is poor.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo