“pretty but very uncomfortable bed”
Review of Bayview Hotel

Bayview Hotel
Ranked #108 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Melbourne, Australia
“pretty but very uncomfortable bed”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

pros--> good location, nicely decorated, balcony, cheap
cons--> bed was like rock, as were pillows, no aircon only a fan. no bath towels supplied when we arrived but we quickly found that did not matter as there was no hot water (i think its just supplied during peak hours), construction work next door but started around 7.30 so most people were awake by then, breakfast was as expected toast and coffee with some sad looking fruit
when we checked out they tried to charge us for several minibar items, that plus the missing towels suggested that the room had not been properly made up after the last guests which given we checked in at 23.00 is pretty port

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The positives: great concierge, very safe and secure, 3 minute walk to Larcomar and Central Restaurant (best restaurant in Lima), 15 minute walk to Parque Kennedy, 15 minute walk to Metropolitano Station. Room is decent size, no A/C but good ventilation and a pretty powerful fan is provided. Hot water, mini fridge, reasonably-priced mini bar (no more than $2 for a large bottle of water is okay by American standards, although with the mini-fridge you can go to Wong or the convenience store across the street and buy liter bottles to store there). Breakfast is decent: mini rolls, fresh cheese, olives, real scrambled eggs (not powdered), tea, coffee, fresh fruit "juice", yogurt. Comfortable bed and plenty of space to store clothes and luggage.

The negatives: carpet is absolutely filthy! Your feet turn black from walking around on it. Also, the shower door does not close well, so you end up with puddles of water after taking a shower. They do provide a bathmat, though. Also, restaurant closes at 8:00, which is inconvenient if you arrive in the evening. There are plenty of restaurants close by, though.

I booked the hotel knowing that there would be construction next door. No problem. I wanted to get up early and explore the city. I did not know, however, that after I had booked my hotel they began construction inside the hotel, remodeling the courtyard - which I was really looking forward to enjoying but could not during my visit - and the rooms on the northern end of the hotel. By 7:00 AM every morning, there was full-blown construction on pretty much all sides.

The noise wasn't too bad, but the maid would leave the windows open while cleaning, and this would let the construction dust blow in, so by the time you got back to your room in the evening, everything was covered with a layer of dust.

Ask to see if the construction is done before booking. And it being Latin America, don't accept "it will be done by the time you arrive," because we all know that will never happen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in a great location in the centre of Miraflores. The staff were friendly and attentive, our room was spotless with a nice bathroom and great big mirrors, and I would highly recommend it as being good value - especially given the location. The only problem during our stay was that there is a major construction site right behind it and the jack hammers and shouting started around 7am on Monday morning (all was fine on SUnday when we arrived and they weren't working!). Ask when you book if this is continuing and if you can have a room on the other side.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank evieinindia
Stanton, California
Reviewed December 16, 2012

When you first arrive they give you a free Pisco Sour drink on them. Great location, clean and great staff. Just 5 mins away from the beach and Lacorma shopping center (i think that's the name of it) I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelbug81988
Dallas
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Bayview for two nights, and for the price, I was pleased with the service.

The location was very convenient. It's next to the Marriott Hotel, and is five minutes walk from the Miraflores beach. All of the sights of Miraflores (shopping mall, downtown, etc) are within walking distance.

I liked the little restaurant in the hotel. I ate there several times, and enjoyed the food.

The hotel staff was very helpful, and they booked two city tours for me. The tour buses picked me up at the hotel, and dropped me off there too.

All in all, Bayview was a decent choice at a great location.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank David Y
Miami and other places
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I love this little hotel, I don't understand why it's not better reviewed. It's perfectly well appointed, a good value, located very well and the staff is quite friendly and attentive. Moreover, and here is my favorite part, since I'm a food hound, the food is excellent and the young passionate chef, Alejandro, is quite talented and engaging. He has made me whatever I whimsically wanted with notice (to get the ingredients). My Limeno friends (I lived here some years) have also been delightfully surprised, and Alejandro specializes in traditional Peruvian cuisine. I highly recommend this hotel and it's kitchen.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ArbitraryTravels
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 31, 2012

First, let me say that the service at this hotel is excellent. I arrived early, and they let me in my room. My luggage was carried up to my room. They let me store my luggage at the hotel before/after I'd checked in/out. Even though the hotel's taxi was more expensive than the regular taxis, I appreciated the fact that when I needed a taxi it was there, and I didn't have to wait.

The location of the hotel can't be beat. In less than five minutes, I was in Larcomar and able to view the city and the Pacific Ocean. Miramar is the nicest place to stay if you go to Lima. It's clean and safe. There are plenty of shops/restaurants in Larcomar.

The hotel itself is three stars and nothing special. The breakfast was ok. The room was small, and the bathroom was too. The room was clean, but the bathroom was old and not as clean as I would've liked. The bed was comfortable, and I slept well. The TV was hung on the wall at a weird angle; which made watching TV difficult unless I laid down on the bed.

Another thing to note is the fact that there is construction going on in the building that's behind the hotel. If you plan on waking up early, and staying out all day, it shouldn't bother you. If you want to sleep late, or take a nap during the day, then I advise you to go to another hotel because the noise is very loud and will definitely disturb you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo