“underwhelming”
Review of Bayview Hotel

Bayview Hotel
Ranked #120 of 234 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed October 4, 2011

my room faced an inner courtyard but was on the second floor. The balcony door could not be locked, so if you are concerned about safety this is an issue. The shower water temp would not get past tepid. and there was no heat in the room. In short I think you could do better. I was just in and out, so I wasn't able to capitalize on the location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Ollie Z

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Paid $80.00 US for a room. The hotel's location is excellent (just over the street from the JW Marriot). Quiet neighbourhood. Clean hotel, no frills, good value for money, good internet... English speaking staff. Breakfast not great but not bad. Comfy beds, cheap mini-bar... clean, safe, does what it says on the tin for 80 bucks....

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank CHARLESGuildford
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Even though hotel is just a block away from Larcomar shopping center, is the only attraction nearby. Our room was facing a central patio, which was quiet, but the guests on the same floor keep going in an out the whooole night...I couldn't sleep. I guess that's the price for staying at a 'three stars' hotel. As mentioned by another member on this page, water at the shower was not hot. Better pay a little bit more and stay at a centrally located hotel. Wireless internet signal didn't work in the room, had to go to the cafeteria.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tutty256
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I was not impressed with this hotel. It felt like I was a burden on the staff even though I only interacted with them to check in/out and get a safe deposit box. Our biggest issue was the construction each morning around 7a.m. right outside our window. We asked to be moved, but were told there were no other rooms. The complimentary breakfast was very bland. The selection was minuscule; cold scrambled eggs, bread, butter, jam, coffee, ham, and cheese. I did not enjoy the dark, cold coffee. I will say that we were the late ones to breakfast so that might explain some of my gripes. My overall food takeaway: the complimentary pisco sour at check-in was very good.

There were two computers for Internet use, but one was broken one day. Even for emailing, the Internet connection was slow.

The carpet in the room was quite dirty. After a few steps in socks, they would be black and sticky. The humidity was pretty bad in this area and there was no AC. However, there were ceiling fans. The ceiling in the bathroom had significant mildew and the shower had mildew between the wall tiles.

The location and price were great. The adage "You get what you pay for" holds very true here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank milhous594
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I stayed at this spot because for the price, it seemed like a good deal. I figured I wouldn't be in the room much so it didn't matter. I was wrong. The carpet floors were so dirty that my feet were black walking on it without socks. Part of the window was broken in the bathroom. I did not get any Hot water, only lukewarm in the shower. There was no heat in the room and I ended up getting sick with a cold/cough. Every morning I woke up to construction inside and outside. There were two computers for free use but the connection was so slow and the computers did not function well. At one point or another something was broken.
The breakfast was terrible minus the juice. The eggs were always cold and the rest of the food was too salty or bland.
The location was great. We were right in Miraflores but on a side street so we did not hear all of the traffic.
With all of the hotels in this same location, I would recommend Not staying here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank lydias84
Reviewed June 19, 2010

I don't know who writes the positive review for this place. The room was filthy, the shower was lukewarm, and we heard every detail of the the neighbors getting it on. I was afraid to touch the blanket it had so many stains. No air conditioning. Staff barely spoke English. This all would have been acceptable for a $5 hostel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2010

The only thing this place had going for it was the location. I few blocks from the cliffs/ocean and the main outdoor shopping center, which was shockingly modern and beatifully laid out overlooking the ocean. But, the hotel itself was dark and dreary with paper thin walls. The staff had no clue what they were doing and I spend more time at the front desk than in my actual room which was a good thing. Our bathroom window was missing allowing anything to make itself at home. The bed was uncomfortable and the room was just subpar. Thankfully we only had 1 night here, otherwise I would have gone on a hunt to find something else. The Marriott in Miralores may be the better option if you can get the same price. Skip this place unless you are looking for something equal to a hostel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple