“Very good food but basic service and timings”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Punta Sal

Punta Sal
Ranked #267 of 2,461 Restaurants in Lima
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Lima, Peru
“Very good food but basic service and timings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Actually you can eat a very good dish here, the one located on Miraflores district has also an amazing view! If you can, make a reservation in the private terrace on 3rd floor. Unfortunately the service is very poor. Has but timing and waitress not very well train; despite Francisco, the manager work very hard on this and always be there.

“Once Again, Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have tried this restaurant several times over the last year or so. As always, I find this place consistent and the salmon, one of the best I have eaten. I don't care for the wine by the glass sections, however, the food is excellent and the service wonderful.

Twice I have had the salmon and the presentation and the prepartion is excellent. I will be back to try this again. I read there were some unhappy diners at this place, however, I didn't see it. I saw really great food and a wonderful view.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank 678855
puntasal, Manager at Punta Sal, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thanks very much for your comments!
Saint John, Canada
“Great view with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Go for the third floor window seat if you want to watch the para gliders on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific. My first ceviche was an experience I would recommend. Definitely unlike anything I've had before and delicious. Potatoes are done in many ways, all of them delicious.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank JCKSaintJohn_Canada
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Pisco Sours in Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

This restaurant was amazing! It was in walking distance of our condo and we went there every day. The managers spoke English and recommended food for us Floridians. Everything we ate was delicious! By the end of our trip everyone knew us there and they offered us free drinks. They had the best Pisco Sours in town with great views. Definitely try this place out!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Katherine K
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Got sick.... ughhh....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

My girlfriend and I came here after walking along the ocean in Miraflores. We ordered three appetizers: a ceviche, raw tuna, and a bloody mary dish with some kind of scallops. We had been eating ceviche all week in Cusco, and had heard that Lima was even more diverse in their food so we were excited to have this as our first meal in Lima. Boy were we wrong...

That night my girlfriend awoke from bed to run to the bathroom vomiting. This was quickly followed by profuse diarrhea, which I also began experiencing a few hours later. We had 3 days to spend sightseeing in Lima, and instead we spent the next day and a half trapped in our hotel room running back and forth to the bathroom. I tried to get my girlfriend to take pics of the bed and toilet, since that's all we saw in Lima, but she wouldn't. :-/

I would really like to give this restaurant a good review. The atmosphere was wonderful, the view was amazing, the food even looked and tasted great, but the after-effects killed it for us. In retrospect, we think it had to be the tuna that caused the problems, since it was the only thing uncooked in our choices. We regularly eat raw tuna in the states, but this must have been older or just prepared incorrectly. Or it could have been a cook not practicing proper hygiene. Either way, you have been warned.

• Visited December 2012