“Huge place does basics well” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Costa Verde

Costa Verde
Ranked #511 of 2,441 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Peruvian, Latin, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The weekend brunch buffet is so extensive that it's featured in the Guinness World Records book.
seattle
“Huge place does basics well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We did not try the massive buffet but ordered ala carte which proved good. Ceviche and other fish dishes were good and the same for starters. Dessert was a bit disappointing. The service was a bit too attentive--probably as it was a slow night.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
“It's all about the food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The place does seem old and outdated when you enter the restaurant. For me this was not a real problem because it's kind of supposed to be like this. I ordered a dish with 4 different sort of ceviche. 3 of them was really delicious and 1 I didn't like so much. All the dishes that we ordered looked good. The ones I tested were also very good. The only thing which was not so good is that all the dishes came separately and not together. Some of us were almost finished eating while others just started. We were with 9 people.

Visited June 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great Buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

First off, I am surprised by the bad reviews. However, as we know, there are bad days and good days and folk with different tastes. So, first off, I was there with a bunch of people for a buffet dinner which starts at 20:30. I had a pisco sour, which was really nice, and then tucked into the buffet. As far as buffet goes, there were lots of choices, from the main to the deserts. I found the atmosphere to be nice, its right next to the ocean. Unfortunately they have this plexiglass type stuff that really does not give you the clear view of the ocean that you would want. We were given a table that is right next to the glass and it was rather disappointing, surely there is better material than the one they have installed. With that said, it was good food and everyone that we had invited (it was a workshop dinner) was satisfied with their meal. The buffet also holds a Guiness world record for the amount of variety. They also had fresh sushi, which was a big plus and what I mainly filled up on. I would definitely recomend you give this place a try. I was also a pleasure to work with the event staff that helped me coordinate this dinner. I would definitely go back. The other restaurant we were looking at was the Rosa Nautica (which I have not tried) but the price just wasn't right. Many Peruvians told me that it is overpriced and that the food at the Costa Verde was superior. I will agree, since it's the only one I tried.

• Visited March 2013
Canada
“Stunning View, great food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I have been there four times. We had our wedding reception there. Its expensive, but the food was great and the service was excellent couldn't ask for more. I did not happen to see the 1970's look I was in too much awe to see the ocean. Five min taxi drive to Chorillos, which is an area of large exposed statues.

• Visited November 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“HORRIBLE restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The environment of this restaurant is horribly outdated and falling apart. The inside of the restaurant looks like it was really rocking back in the 1970's and early 80's, but the customers disppeared and they never changed it or maintained - the decor is way outdated, old, ugly and unkept. They put a CORNY, silly flag at your table to represent the country your from and they think you'll find it neat to look around and see all the different nationalities represented - but it's just stupid. It may have been cool back in the day (70's and 80's) when Lima was so third world, that all the rich foreignors would come to place like this, but times have changed and this place didn't keep up. The decor deserves this long explanation - it's pretty bad.

The food is just as worse. I have been in Lima for 3 months and I have tried a TON of restaurants and investigated which ones are good - all based on personal trials and recommendations for LOCALS. And every person I have spoken to has told me "Costa Verde is old and not good - avoid it" They right. The food is HORRIBLE. The ingredients tasted like cardboard and were not fresh. The one and only positive aspect was that they had an amazing key lime pie - but that was it! The rest of the experience was horrible - and to top it all off, this has to be one of the most expensive restaurants in Lima - amazingly rediculous. Only unknowing tourists keep this place in business. Trust me - avoid the reviews of ignorant tourists. The locals hate it for a reason.
AVOID at all costs.