“Strangest burrito i ever had..”

Como Agua para Chocolate
Ranked #162 of 2,505 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: San Isidro
Description: This is a cozy mexican -Dutch restaurant and Pub We have a traditional mexican food with specialities like mole poblano, tacos al pastor and Pozole. Of course fajitas and burritos! We have a Dutch pub with table games like jenga, dices, domino, darts.Live blues from time to time! The best margaritas in town and a lot of foreign beers like heineken,corona,chimay,duvel, delirium tremens, erdinger , etc... Our lunch special from 10 usd is very good alternative !
“Strangest burrito i ever had..”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Travelling on a backpacker budget, we found this restaurant not to be such great value, the Margaritas were 20 soles each, nearly the price of my burritos!

My boyfriend opted for the chicken tacos which were tasty but small for nearly 30 soles, and only contained chicken, no veg.
My burritos were nothing like I've seen before, two small flour tortillas with a pile of vegetables on top.
No rice, no sour cream, and no chance of rolling them up as you normally would.
I don't eat meat so i had opted for the vegetarian choice, however on this occasion i got more than i bargained for- in addition to the usual burrito fillings there was broccoli, green beans, mangetout, boiled carrots, squash, button mushrooms, all vegetables i would rather not see in my Mexican food - not to mention they were all a bit limp and only lukewarm.

It was a shame the food wasn't great, as the staff were good and the atmosphere cosy and we would have liked to return if we had a good meal.

Cusco, Peru
“Stumbled on this place looking for a good taco”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wonderful, friendly environment with pretty good mexican food. After living in Dallas, Texas of course my standards for mexican food are pretty high. This place passes the test and the friendly staff and interesting decor make it a worthwhile experience. Upstairs they have an Irish pub i would like to experience but it is very far from my home base in Miraflores for a night venture.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“decent set lunch”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I popped in for a quick lunch and was pleasantly surprised by the set lunch and friendly service. Would definitely return when back in Lima.

• Visited November 2012
Santiago, Chile
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Having never visited Mexico, I can't comment on how the food stacks up against "real" Mexican, but what I can say is that I really enjoyed my dinner here. Fabulous food and a whole lot of it! I ordered an entree and a main and couldn't finish it - I even made the point that lowering the portion sizes just a little would be no bad thing!

Good vegetarian options too!

Service was excellent and with a nice vibe. I'll definitely go back next time I'm in Lima.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ryanar70
“Excellent mexican food in San Isidros, Peru!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We are from Colorado and know good Mexican food. We've been in Peru for a couple of weeks and were craving Mexican food and found this restaurant. The food was absolutely incredible and the margaritas were amazing! I highly recommend the enchiladas verdes con queso and arachera tacos. The food was prepared with so much flavor and was in good sized portions. The margaritas were nice and strong and were very well prepared! The owner of the restaurant is from Mexico and was extremely friendly and helpful. If you're looking for decently priced Mexican food in Lima, Como agua para chocolate is definitely the restaurant to go to!

2 Thank Teenytinyme