“A very sad story!”

Ranked #44 of 71 Dessert in Lima
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Miraflores
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is a very sad story of what used to be one of the top gelaterias in the world! People used to come from abroad and make it a point not to miss 4D. Not any more. The ice cream is still very good, however, the establishments haven't been renovated and the personnel hasn't been trained. Service, decor, merchandising and cleanliness are an issue, regardless of the location. There is still enough image and goodwill in the brand to rescue it, now!

1  Thank Zoltan L

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I only have the ice cream when I visit here BUT I make sure to stop in at least once during every trip to Lima!

Sesame, Deliccia, Coconut, and Mr Peanut are my favorite flavors! Sample at the counter b4 you order!! :)

Reviewed January 9, 2012

The food is very good. People in Lima rave about the gellatto (italian ice cream), but I don't personally think it is worth the price.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

6:00 am, flight at 7:30am, plenty of time for a quick breakfast, right?
The place wasn't crowded at all maybe at 25%. My family and myself seat on a table still dirty from the prior customers (why is still dirty?) Anyways, we wait 7min nobody came, we make signs to the waitress, he says it is coming soon, 7mins later no change: dirty table, no menus, no waitress. 2nd attempt to call waitress, same result. 6 mins later we decide to leave. I ask for a manager, no manager, ask for a form to put a complaint, handed a blank piece of paper, by the cashier, that probably will go to the trash as soon as I leave. I think these employees don't have an idea about customer service and are very inneficient. I will never go there again and make sure friends don't go either.

2  Thank Dbx77
Reviewed November 5, 2011

We are return customers that have frequented this 4D and we were shocked by the terrible service. We got what sometimes happens in all restaurants-a dud. I bit into something that was identifiably disgusting. When we told the owner about the problem her first response was "no" as if i was incorrect and that there was actually nothing that just caused me to gag and spit out a bite of food. She then proceeded to insist to my husband that i am pregnant (WHAT-Im not even fat!!) My husband was trying to explain to her that a loss of 15 Solis doesnt compare to the loss of a repeat customer. She didnt get it. She insisted that there could not have possibly been anything wrong with the food. When we asked to speak to a district manager or some other person above her-she told us no. Needless to say, i am contacting their corporate offices to report her for brand misrepresentation and poor service-furthermore we will not be returning.

1  Thank detrigoso