“Lovely Hotel ...”

Ranked #19 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Wichita, Kansas
“Lovely Hotel ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed in many different hotels in Lima but the Radisson San Isidro just became my favorite one ... and here is why:
1. smaller hotel in safe quiet neighborhood
2. very friendly and helpful staff
3. rooms are very comfortable and sparkling clean
4. great breakfast selection
5. very good speed of internet.
I hope that hotel would keep the services at the same level or improve them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Paula I, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear guest.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro, we would like to thank you for your preference and your specific description about your experience with us.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to our city.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any help or doubt.

Thank you again.

Paula Inga.
Front desk Manager.
Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two times in 2012, both pleasant visits and once upgraded to a suite. Breakfast/Lunch was good, did not have diner. The location in San Isidro is ok if you are there for business, not recommended for holiday/exploring the city.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Paula I, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear guest.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay here in Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro.

Your commentaries are very important for us. Thank you very much for them. And we will also like to let you know that our mission is to make your stay a memorable visit and see you back again.

Have a nice day.

Front Desk Manager
Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

A rather disappointing welcome from the staff on duty at the time I arrived at this hotel. I had stayed here 3-4 times before and had not found this attitude. Other staff were excellent, particularly those in the restaurant and the girl who cleaned my room. She had very good English which was a nice surprise. Rooms are big, good TV and space for a sofa and armchair. Good working space and also a bench with a coffee machine and sink in it. Good buffet breakfast with a nice choice. Hot items are ordered from a menu. I had a very good meal in the restaurant on one evening.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest.

We appreciate you taking the time to describe your own experience with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel & Suites San Isidro, thank you very much for them.

I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

Of course, We are going to take the correction actions in order this kind of situations as you referred before do not happen again.

Have a nice day and thanks again.

Front desk Manager
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here just for a few hours after landing in Lima and before flying out to Cusco. We organized an airport pick-up with them for $25 USD which was reasonable, and although the driver didn't speak English, he was friendly, and we ended up having him again for the drive back to the airport in the morning.

The hotel didn't seem like it was in the best area, however it was midnight when we arrived, and let's face it... Lima is mostly not great areas anyway. The hotel was clean and our room was huge. there was free wi-fi and breakfast, and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Reasonably priced for Lima, and over all a good experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest.

thank you very much for your comments about your stay here.

I hope to have another opportunity to have you in our hotel with more time and you can enjoy all the services offered by our facilities.

In good time you had a pleasant stay with us.

Front desk Manager
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I chose this hotel out of a list of several of similar class pretty much at random, mostly because of its location in relation to the meetings I was attending. In addition, on the website, it was offering a room rate with airport transport included, which I decided to take. The hotel is not big, but staff is very friendly and helpful if necessary. The check-in was a little slow; in the morning it took a little longer that I expected for me to get a taxi. Breakfast (included in room price) is very good - there is a wide cold buffet selection, and one can order various egg-related dishes a la carte, which are brought freshly made. Waiting staff was very nice and attentive without being overbearing. My room was pretty spacious - it had a living room area with a sofa, and desk (and appropriately placed power outlets for all electronic equipment!), and a "bedroom" area - so there was no chance to feel claustrophobic. There was a fridge - stacked with the usual stuff, which I never use, but helpful to keep one's water bottles in; and coffee-maker for single cups - again very useful (despite good coffee at breakfast), especially if you have to leave the hotel at the break of dawn which I did. Room was well cleaned and looked after. Wireless internet worked seamlessly.
I do have several criticisms though. First is the amount of light - especially in the bathroom, the lights were dark and dim, really impossible and almost unbelievably inconvenient for a hotel this class. Hallway was lit by a couple of small blue lights - I honestly traced the room number with my fingers every time to make sure I am at the right door. The room lights were OK, but also on the darkish side. Second, somehow I expected the bed to be ultra comfortable - it was not - not uncomfortable precisely, but a bit too hard, same with pillows. Third, my "special" rate turned out to be a bit of a rip off. True, there was a driver waiting for me when I arrived, but he asked me to pay him when we got to the hotel, which I did (at a lower rate than what I committed in the room rate), and then it turned out that I had this special arrangement, so someone from the staff ran after the poor driver to get my money back from him. They promised he would be paid... However, I could have clearly saved money on not paying for it in advance. I am sure the hotel would have arranged the transport anyway. My advice: do not use the rate that includes transport; if you need one, just email the hotel in advance.
Finally, I do not believe this is the location for getting to know Lima on foot. The hotel is in a mixed business/residential neighbourhood, which is nice enough (a big supermarket a few blocks west on Soledad is a good source of coffee for souvenirs...), but not touristy at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My friends and I were staying at the Radisson on our first night in Peru and needed to move on quickly the next day. We weren't sure of the best way to travel so I contacted the hotel to get some advice. They were incredibly efficient and replied very promptly with various options. We chose a coach to Paracas our next stop and they arranged the tickets, had them collected and kept them for us for our arrival. When we arrived we only had one bed in the room but they immediately had another one brought up at no extra charge. The room was huge! Special thanks to Paula for all her help.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in a quiet area of San Isidro close to many great restaurants, supermarket, park and churches.

The room is very large and have been recently renovated. The only problem I have with the bathroom is the lack of lighting. There is no light above the bathtub where you have your shower so it can be quite dim. Apart from that we have no other problem with the hotel. The breakfast is good with lots of options available. Most of the staffs were able to speak English.
The hotel is located in the safe area of San Isidro. There were security patrols everywhere which made us feel completely at ease even when walking at night.

• Stayed August 2013