“Might be good...”

Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My fiancé and I attempted to eat here for dinner but upon arriving to the restaurant between 5-6pm, realized they are not open for dinner. To our surprise, there was actually a car pulled into the restaurant that was being painted! (see photo) The car was in the middle of the restaurant and the tables, chairs, etc. were just pushed to the side. Nothing was covered or protected. We may have tried to eat there the next day for lunch but were a bit turned off after seeing that the restaurant turns into a body shop during the evening. How strange!

3  Thank kgur333

Reviewed November 15, 2013

After reading about the reviews on tripadvisor, three of us arrived at this restaurant in Miraflores after our flight back to Lima from Cusco. It was around 3 o'clock and passed lunch time, therefore there was not a lot of patrons in the restaurant at the time. We were sitted by an elderly waitor, but upon learning that we don't speak Spanish, he found us another waitor who can speak some English. He recommeded us to get the seafood platter which we can mix and match 5 dishes from the list on the menu. We picked fried prawns, calamaris, the octopus with olive cream, ceviche, and another dish the waitor recommended. The platter was 80 soles, which is less than 30 USD and it's enough for 3 people. We all agreed the seafood platter was amazing, which is the best seafood we had in awhile. Definitely worth the visit.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband ordered the grilled octopus and I ordered the shrimp, artichoke and avocado. I didn't try his but he ate it all. I LOVED mine. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had lunch at El Pez Amigo in a group composed mostly of locals. We shared a combination of starters and entrees to have a taste of each. I strongly recommend the octopus with olive cream, the almejas, the causa and of course the great ceviche. The entrees included tunam, rice with seafood and a kind of catfish with a special sauce. Divine. I will remember the tastes and subtilities for years. Don't miss it if you are in Miraflores!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Many places in Lima are somewhat overrated, but not this one, it lives up to its rating here in Tripadvisor, Spanish menu only, but just follow the recommendation of one English speaking waiter, you will be set for a great meal. Cerviche is fantastic, and stuff crab with "lobster" (craw fish) is very delicious, only open for dinner. Price is reasonable on NY standards, would be a little pricey on local standards. Expect to pay about $35 per person, well worth it.