“Lovely anniversary dinner”

Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Isidro
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We went to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time!!!!

There are newer reviews for Symposium

Reviewed January 2, 2012

the food vas very tasty, I really loved the focaccia which was served as appetizer, the sliced octopus, the pasta with the crab... I think it is one of the best Italian restaurants in Lima... the personnel was very kind and helpful. The restaurant is easy to find, it is located in San Isidro, near to the Sonesta Hotel El Olivar

Reviewed December 3, 2011

My wife and I went for the second time to Symposium. As the first time, we agreed to rate it as a very good dinner... maybe the best italian restaurant for us in Lima.

Their vitello tonnato is really something else. We tried a couple of stuffed pasta: the one filled with black trout and saffron was excellent.

We also had desserts, which combined really well with the fine expresso they have.

We found the service outstanding (much better than our previous visit) and the wine service was really something else.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

By far this is the BEST italian restaurant in Lima but also very discreet.

Whatever you order will be a delight, I love the lamb chops with gorgonzola fettucine. Desserts are great.

Cozy and romantic...excellent place !!

1  Thank patriciaDubai
Reviewed November 20, 2010

We had heard this was an excellent restaurant and were really looking forward to a fun family outing and good food. It was a complete disappointment: all three of us agreed it was an overrated and over prized , mediocre pasta restaurant. I have had better pasta in Lima at half the price.
The service was OK but nothing extraordinary.
The food was the biggest disappointment with one exception:we had a mixed mushrooms appetizer. It was the best part of the meal and the one saving dish of the night. We
all had pasta dishes: in all three the pasta was slightly undercooked and tough. Not really al dente. My son had a dish with duck, very bland and unremarkable. I had the spaghetti with centolla: same: bland, unremarkable. How such a delicate ingredient can be made into an anonimous dish is hard to fathom. My wife's pasta with saffron was tasty. we rated it good but still unremakable.
Desserts: nice plating. But the classic tiramisu was run of the mill as was the creme brulé.
The wine chart is good. We had a very good Argentinian Merlot but as everything in the place, hugely overpriced.
Atmosphere: the decor and settings tries to be this combination of elegance and simplicity. It does not really make it and the packaged music coming out of a flat screen TV negates other arrangements.

6  Thank RGDJ2012