“fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Vista

La Vista
Ranked #8 of 2,434 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Peruvian, International
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Miraflores
Description: Offers both local and international cuisine and is recognized for its incomparable breakfast, lunch and tea time buffets. For dinner we offer an A La Carte menu as well as periodically offering different activities including food and wine pairing dinners. At La Vista you will enjoy personalized service, as well as an excellent location with ocean view, all accompanied with the creativity of our Peruvians Chefs.
Lima Region, Peru
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

we had breakfast with all my friends on sunday morning, the price was incredible good . The quality was superb, from sweet to fruits , everything was perfect, congratulate the Chef and his Staff.

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Chef's Specialty is really good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I had the Chef's Specialty for dinner for three nights with different Appetisers and main courses each night, and they were really good. For appetisers try the Sashimi style Tiradito, the homemade Huancaina sauce mixed with the lime juice and chili pepper goes beautifully with the thinly sliced fish. I had the Leek and Potato Cream Soup on another night and it was really good too. For the mains I liked the Stir Fried Amazonian white fish with Spaghetti which had a generous portion of fish and not too much spaghetti. The sauce and flavour was so yummy I had to have this dish again on my third night. For meat lovers the Grilled Flap Steak was very good too. Be mindful that the steak and spaghetti are not big in portions as there was dessert to come in the set meal. Dessert is a tasting of four different desserts, which I felt were all a little too sweet, but delicious though. There was of course the complimentary Pisco Sour drink and coffee or tea to finish the dinner with. I think I paid S. 65- 80 for the Chef's Specialty, which was really a good deal for a yummy dinner.

• Visited April 2013
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
“Great breakfast buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm usually not a fan of hotel restaurants or their buffets. I was pleasantly surprised by the selection and quality of food at La Vista, inside the JW Marriott in the Miraflores section of Lima, Peru. Eggs cooked to order, pancakes, french toast and many other options were fresh, hot and very tasty.

• Visited April 2013
Malaysia
“Excellent Variety of Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

During our stay in Miraflores, we had the opportunity to sample the restaurant's buffet and evening tea buffets. For the lunch buffet, there was a sushi and sashimi counter serving a variety of fresh local fishes, shrimp, octopus, scallops plus salmon and tuna. There's a large selection of cooked food including a pasta counter where the chef cooks them the way you want it with your choice of ingredients. The desserts come in different varieties such as cheesecakes, ice-cream, sorbet, chocolate cake, waffles and they were all very delicious! There's also a good selection of local fruits for you to choose.

The evening tea buffet was cheaper but it had more limited choices. It was still good nonetheless.

Food was fresh and tasty and replaced as soon as they were close to being finished. Restaurant had a warm and quiet ambiance. Prices are about average for the quality of food served.

Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2012
Helsinki, Finland
“La Vista - food as you wish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have been eating this restaurant many times before my earlier visits in Lima. This time I wanted to see if they can improve my regular filet with rice and red wine and pepper sauces separately.

So I went to speak with chef - is it possible to make me a portion that I want? Answer was immediately that they can do anything I want if they have ingredients for that. I explained how I want my sauces to taste and what is my understanding of medium in filet – we even spoke about softness of rice. Also we had a common understanding that making a good food needs a bit more time.

Having some zips of my wine and tasting their selections of bread I received my portion – exactly as it was ordered. It was very delicious but always possible to improve – right?

Chef was very curious how I liked portion – we were again talking and result was that next time he will try to get red wine sauce more bodied and rice a bit softer. This maybe sounds indulge in hair but hey – I ate in this restaurant about ten times during one month and filet was best that I had in Lima all that time and I ate outside restaurants every night.

So – it is worth of asking exactly what you want – they will make it in JW Marriott– if it is possible. I love that attitude.

• Visited January 2013