“Corporate lunch birthday kind of place”
Review of Embarcadero 41

Embarcadero 41
Ranked #452 of 2,556 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Cusco, Peru
“Corporate lunch birthday kind of place”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Since it was an organized corporate lunch, I pre ordered the pepper steak without really taking the time to review all of the options. It was not a bad choice, but after seeing the menu and the orders of the other guests; I could have tried something much more creative and interesting. In all it was an ok experience, ok food, ok service and environment. I will probably go back to experience some of the other menu items, but I am not sure if I would go as a lunch client or dinner date. Either way, deserving in its ranking in Trip Advisor.

Mexico City
“Nice try for Peruvian fusion”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Walking down the street by the Pez On, we get into this place, service was average very kind guys, food was good in general, but really slow service and the change the dishes , so if you do not know what you ask you may get other thing.
You need time to attend this place, was not crowded but maybe they have few runners, and few people at the kitchen; the ceviche we had was good (not excellent but good) and the rest was good enough both taste and presentation, good for a business lunch, place is warm and friendly, maybe they just need to take a look for their service, I may try it again next time

Lima, Peru
“Looks great, but not as tasty as should be”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have visited Embarcadero several times during the past years. The restaurant is a bit hidden in a business/residential area, cozy and good for a weekend lunch. The place is reasonably clean, and the service adequate although the place sometimes gets crowdy.

Embarcadero has one of the best menu designs I have seen anuwhere, with pictures of fantastic Peruvian dishes designed with a good imagination.The dishes also look great when coming to the table, and the portion sizes are big enough for a big, hungry guy.

However, the flavors do not necessarily match the outlook. As a local resident, I prefer a ceviche, a tiradito and so on to be the "real" thing with top taste and - sorry to say - not to be more or less tasteless chunks of fish in a great looking but equally tasteless creme. Embarcadero has had the same "tasteless" problem several years, and does not seem to improve it.

However one thing has improved; I took the novelty seafood grill with squid, octopus, several types of fish and so on, an that I can say was delicious and worth trying.

Coffee in this place is undrinkable. The Cafe Americano was so watery that in fact you could see the white sweetener pill moving around at the bottom of the full coffee cup . I changed the stuff into Espresso, which also came milder than any "regular" american coffee, and was equally undrinkable. Peru has very good mountain coffee varieties,but unfortunately most restaurants have no idea how to use them. But Embarcadero's "coffee" was at the bottom of the barrel in this sad record.

Lima is expensive today, so one (big) ceviche as a starter, three main courses, few beers made a USdoll 120 bill for three persons. -- Peru has a huge variety of very good restaurants so I might return to Embarcadero for the seafood grill, or may find more tasty food somewhere else.

Cary, North Carolina
“You could something better for sure!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I live in Peru and maybe this is the first time I write a review from my Country and unfortunately not a good one. It is not acceptable to have an average seafood option in Lima. Competition is really high and average places get out of a list easily. This place is located in the middle of a business area therefore it gets very full of people comming for a "quick" lunch, but do I need to wait for a coke for 30 minutes and at the end I never received it?? I ordered a ceviche with 3 agies (peruvian chili) and it wasn´t spicy at all! That´s not what I expect from a ceviche here. There are hundrets of other options where you can have the best seafood in Latinamerica. I would recommend any other of them...and maybe I should begin now reviewing the good options in my hometown.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank jpllanos
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Peruviane taste in a fun presentation”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Great food. Loved the Tequeños with Lomo Saltado.
The Pisco Sour with Aji was the best spicy drink I ever had.
Service was up there too but bathroom was too small and the pink in the walls was too tacky.
Other than that I will recommend this to all my friends.