“Great hotel”

Casa Andina Premium Miraflores
Ranked #18 of 232 Hotels in Lima
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Great hotel, we had a refreshing sleep after a long flight. We only stayed one night. They upgraded us and we were thankful. The bed was really comfortable. The bathroom was nice. No complaints. Classy joint - had a piano player in the lobby when we arrived back at night. Great location. We had a nice dinner at Panchita recommended by the hotel staff. Somehow we managed to avoid getting run over by the idiotic Peruvian drivers. Note to Peruvians - learn to respect pedestrians! Honking is NOT a replacement for stopping at stop signs and traffic lights!
We didn't spend too much time in Lima, bolted right to Cusco the next morning. Although the drive from the airport was long, Miraflores seems to be the place to stay in Lima. Note - we used limacabs.com for airport transportation and they were very reliable.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank exchelente

Reviewed December 15, 2010

We spent 8 days in this wonderful hotel. It is ideally located close to the Inka Market, fine silver shops, Parque de Kennedy, Casinos, etc. The Staff was very friendly and courteous. The first night, my husband was not well, and our bell hop, Carlos went and got Gravol for him from a local pharmacia. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and delicious. Hmmm. If you want something that isn't on the menu, they will prepare it for you. Although we didn't test the pool and whirlpool, it looked very inviting. The hair salon wasn't great, but no big deal. The rooms are spacious, and the beds very comfortable. A very delightful experience.

3  Thank LaurierCalgary
Reviewed December 11, 2010

The hotel is conveniently located in the Miraflores district near shopping, clubs, casinos. restaurants and nightlife. The hotel staff is most courteous and goes the extra mile to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Ricardonaples
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel only for one night. Lovely property, elegant, nice, clean but the service was nightmare.
Alrady at the check-in I wasn´t impressed at all how basic it was. If the receptionist said about 5 workds...it was maximum.
The main problem was the room service I ordered.
I did my order at 11:30 and got info that my meal will be ready in 30 minutes. At 12:30 (1 hour later) I called the room service to ask where is my lunch?
Got answer - "just on the way". In 10 minutes phone ringed and lady called to let me know that they have problem in kitchen and actually my order will be delayed.
BTW - I was waiting already 1,5 hr.
Due to my scheduled mtg I informed her that I have max 20min and can´t wait any longer. I was informed that my meal will be in my room within 20minutes. I asked still 3 times if she is sure they will manage. Was ensure that yes.
Nothing did happen in 20minutes. I was leaving my room at 1:30 and whom did I meet at the door? Room service. After 2 hours...!!!
I was on my way so refused to take it.

So I was hungry and angry.

Really pity because otherwise it´s very good property.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
CasaAndina_GR, Propietario at Casa Andina Premium Miraflores, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

We cannot be more ashamed for the inconveniences we unintentionally caused you and for the poor service impression you got after your stay at Casa Andina Private Collection Miraflores.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for not sending your room service order to your room within the time limits stated on our standards. We sincerely regret if this error somehow spoiled your stay with us and would like to assure you that the appropriate measures have been taken to avoid the reoccurrence of incidents of this nature.

We hope to have to opportunity to serve you again in a not too distant future to offer you the real Casa Andina experience.

Cordially yours,
The Casa Andina team

Reviewed November 27, 2010

Everything you would expect - large rooms, large beds, large breakfast buffet. In walking distance of most Miraflores restaurants and sights and within easy strike of all lime sights by taxi or public transport

1  Thank langej
Reviewed November 20, 2010

My wife and I spent two weeks in Peru in early October and stayed at Casa Andina Private Collection hotels for all but one night. We were only (slightly) disappointed once and certainly not at this member of the chain in Miraflores.

This hotel is wonderfully located, within a short walk of the sea, parks, shops and fine restaurants. It was also easy to arrange to join an afternoon tour of El Centro, the historic center of Lima, for which we were picked up at the hotel. Our room was large and comfortable, with a bathroom to match anything you would find in the best hotels in the States. We only had breakfast in their restaurant -- there are so many excellent restaurants to choose from nearby -- but that meal was excellent. We were also overwhelmed by the friendly and helpful staff, particularly the Concierge, Jean Pierre. In the two days we were there, he helped us with everything from arranging tours to suggesting restaurants and checking us in (on line) for our flights to Cusco (a wise thing to do since Lan Peru had changed our departure time).

When we booked this hotel, we asked to be picked up on arrival at the Lima international airport by one of the hotel drivers since we were to arrive at 11:40 pm. The driver was there on time, and whisked us to the hotel completely painlessly ... at very modest cost.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel that operates very efficiently but also with a warm human touch.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jchBCS
Reviewed November 19, 2010

A very clean and comfortable hotel with caring staff. In good location.