“The best hotel in Lima... but pricey”

Casa Andina Premium Miraflores
Ranked #18 of 228 Hotels in Lima
White Plains, NY
“The best hotel in Lima... but pricey”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I've stayed in several hotels in Lima, and this is by far the best hotel. After winning big at the casino, I decided to change hotels and splurge. Their attention to details, and overall customer service was excellent. It was a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for.
It's extremely close to everything, and the staff are willing to help you and point you in the right direction.
The pool was fantastic, and the breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ryanrpcv

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night on the end of our trip to Peru. We had already stayed a few nights nearby in Lima and have stayed previously in cusco at the casa andina private collection there. This was a nice stay. They helped us with a late check out as we had a very late evening flight out. They upgraded us to a suite to help with the timing. The hotel itself is a bit outdated. There wasn't a great deal of light in the bedroom - even when the lights were all turned on.

The staff was very courteous. One thing to note, I did get pretty sick after breakfast there. I wasn't quite able to pin point what it was exactly but it was within an hour of finishing breakfast there. The staff was great getting me a doctor and helping my boyfriend get all of the supplies needed to help me feel better though they did charge us for an extended stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosie F
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Overly, my experience in Casa Andina was unquestionably good. I feel now the duty to write a review about the highlight I lived through. Sama's cafeteria was unbelievably good, starting from the product, but outstanding the treatment I received from the staff: kindness, efficiency, and sympathy all together. That type of treatment is impossible to find in any other hotel. Congratulations

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Sarasofiagr
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2013

after 2 weeks of backpacking and hiking near Huaraz, I had 2 days in Lima so I decided to splurge and get something nice for myself for the last night of vacation. I had never spent time in Lima and I only know a little Spanish so I wanted something in a nice location and secure. This place was awesome -- heated indoor pool with waterfall, full buffet breakfast (included), immaculately clean room with big bathroom. One of the most luxurious places I've ever stayed. Every member of the staff spoke English and was helpful. The neighborhood is great -- a lot of business hotels, but it still has some character and there are a lot of nice restaurants and shops and coffee places (although I wish there was a casual sports bar nearby to hang out...I couldn't find one). In the morning I went on an hour-long run on the running/bike path in Miraflores and never felt unsafe. Next time in Lima I will stay here if I can afford it!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Nick C
pune
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

As an indian travelling to peru more than half way across the world - it was a pleasure to taste authentic indian cuisine which is a part of the menu !! no wonder all Indians staying in Lima often meet here for Indian festival get togethers. The other cuisines too are very tasty. With a Stylish boutique culture - the hotel offers excellent rooms and great service. This hotel truly lives up to being a private collection hotel !! Recommend it highly !

• Stayed August 2013
Granite Falls, North Carolina
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel itself was lovely, clean and comfortable rooms but the surrounding area was depressing. Empty buildings and some torn down just fenced lots. I didn't feel safe leaving the hotel so was happy to have internet so that I could stay inside for my 24 hours here between tours. I had asked the people who transported me to the hotel - Metropolitan Touring - about a city tour and was told that I would have to walk 3 blocks to the main street then right another few blocks to a place that sold city tours. Would have felt much better in a area with more foot traffic and inhabited buildings. Would have also appreciated a little better service from the Metropolitan Touring company at this site. I did stay at several other Casa Andina Private Collections in both Cusco and the Sacred Valley both of which rated 3 stars.

Room Tip: Great place just to use hotel for sleeping but not for site seeing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Betty G
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Premium Miraflores, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your feedback, we will definitely use it in a positive manner to improve our guests’ experience with us.

We are sorry to know that you did not feel safe when leaving the hotel. We assure you that it is important to us to protect the safety of all our guests. However, we regret the impression you had about the neighborhood.

We look forward welcome you back at any of our hotels.

Cordially,

The Casa Andina Team
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in early September and were very happy with pretty much everything about the hotel.
The room we had, a twin was spacious for two, well appointed with everything we needed including a very good breakfast, good location, strong water pressure.....a huge bathroom.
There were a few small annoyances, the bathroom light switch behind the door....a fire alarm or first night (which couldn't be helped). The front desk and the concierge were very helpful and the staff all around we're quite friendly.
There is some construction happening in the neighborhood...laity corner to the hotel, but unless you plan on sleeping all day instead of seeing the sights......you'll hardly notice it. Our room was quiet on the 6th floor....you could hear a door slamming down the hall....but that was pretty much it.
Having stayed in several South American cities over the past year or two, this was definitely great value for the money and one I'd choose when back in Lima next.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends