“It was a good stay”

Ranked #16 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Beaufort, South Carolina
“It was a good stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I arrived in Lima City in the early hours of the day, fortunately my travel agency had coordinated an early check in for us. I the first day I spend lounging after a very tiring flight but the second day I was able to walk and see the wonders that this city offers. comfortable enough rooms, amazing staff, and this is not a very expensive city as I thought. In a nutshell .... is a good hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I recently took at 10 day tour of Peru with Gate 1 Travel. It was excellent. I loved all the hotels. The Casa Andina Private Collections is right next to Larco St. You could easily walk to the beach and parks. I would highly recommend using Gate 1. I felt very safe and had no problems at all. This is my 3rd time using them. We went to Lima, Urubamba, Cusco and Puno. I can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: All rooms were very nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had a really short stay, however it was great. The hotel is in a fantastic location in Miraflores, very close to everything. The service and staff were perfect. I had a really easy time arranging my entire vacation, from the reservation to transportation from/to airport. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Lima.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Harwood, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

As part of a VBT Walking Tour of Inca Sites we selected the Lima add on and stayed at the Casa Andina in Miraflores. We could not be more pleased with the thorough and friendly service of the entire staff. The room and bed were most comfortable. We started each day with the excellent breakfast buffet in the hotel dining room. The selection is extensive and delicious. Additionally, there is a station for custom omelettes. The bar is comfortable with a modern decor. One night we ate in the hotel dining room and had a delicious dinner. I sampled the alpaca to try a local specialty and was most satisfied. The meat is soft and lean. Our server Claudia Pinto treated us very well and was very helpful and personable. We had a great stay at Casa Andina.

1 Thank Anthony G
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

After visiting this hotel numerous times (but never sleeping over), I finally took the opportunity to spend a few nights in one of the suites. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it has a very nice Peruvian feel and character to it. It's not top end luxury, but provides everything you will need for a comfortable stay and possibly more. Particularly the semi-open heated swimming pool is a nice touch and the breakfast buffet was excellent and varied (best on a Sunday).

Room Tip: Avoid Traditional rooms, go for Superior or Suites.
North Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We enjoyed our one night here very much. The staff were very helpful with getting transportation back to the airport for our flight home and made our last night in Peru very easy and relaxing. Thank you!

Leitchfield, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Our agent recommended this hotel as opposed to staying near the airport because of a 5:00 a.m. arrival in Lima. We upgraded upon check Ina no we not disappointed with the room. It felt like we were staying in a villa even though the rest of the hotel has a modern flare.

We used the pool on our short visit and it is a great amenity.

I would warn that the actual location of the hotel is not on the nicest street in Miraflores, but in a few years the construction around the area looks to be planned to change that fact. You are only a few blocks away from bustling parks and shopping areas.

There were two separate toilet facilities in our suite, which pleased my wife to no end. Both had showers while hers had a bath as well.

The breakfast buffet was as good as any I had in Peru.

I can honestly say I was impressed with my agent's decision to recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple