“Excellent Hotel/Excellent Location”

Ranked #18 of 228 Hotels in Lima
Dublin, California
“Excellent Hotel/Excellent Location”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed at this motel several times during a recent trip to Peru. The hotel is wonderfully located in Miraflores, within walking distance of Larco Mar. There is a laundry less then one block away and numerous restaurants, night clubs, etc in the area.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and very helpful. They went out of their way to answer my questions, show me where to go, where to eat, etc. I had some laundry which badly needed to be done, however I was leaving the hotel, only to come back 2 days later. The hotel staff took my laundry and, when I returned, it was hanging up in my room, waiting for me.

The rooms were clean, modern, and very welcoming. A very "homey" touch to them. The breakfast buffet had a great variety of food items to choose from. All and all, a great hotel in a great location. I would not hesitate to stay here again and/or recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank CassieKat306

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Vermontville, Michigan
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I think what stands out about this hotel is the location that it is in the neighborhood of Miraflores. The staff was supreme! the service of all the boys was first class, tubs and showers was a new experience for us in South America, they were quite modern and practical, I could regulate the way I wanted.
  We want to send our congratulations to the bartender at the bar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had one of the best holidays this year. We visited Bolivia, Peru and Argentina, and the truth, we are truly amazed at how well we attended in all those places. Casa Andina in particular is one of the hotels with great service and very friendly people. They gave us exact directions to where we wanted to go in those days, I found myself behind the bar pretty hidden shop to buy gifts for my children.

We saw lots of smiles from the staff all the time!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Casa Andina Private Collection was well located in Miraflores close to the Plaza Kennedy (the main park of the district). It was also close to a lot of nice eateries and shops. There was a nice upscale grocery store 5 minutes away (Vivanda) -- they had good food too. It was a 15 minute walk to Larcomar. The location, like most of Miraflores, was pretty safe and well-lit. The rooms were standard for this kind of hotel. Showers were great - we did not have a tub. The concierge can gladly arrange tour experieces.

Quick note about Lima: the locals doscouraged us from getting a cab from the street as there were a lot of swindlers around. We could have taken the hotel limo downtown, but that cost 42 soles. There are yellow cabs (Taxi Amarillo) that cost 25 soles (fixed price) - we took a cab from Larcomar. I think the most cost efficient way to go around is by using the white Metropolitan cabs (9-12 soles), but it's sometimes hard to find them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Wales
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. One in particular called 'Ramor' who gave us a good recommendation for a desert which was particularly delicious, Lucuma. This Hotel had art displayed on the walls. I noticed a slight language barrier with one female reception staff who failed completely to understand my request - frustration. Partly my fault as I do not speak Spanish.

• Stayed September 2012
Midland, Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2012

It is a hotel with a terrific service! The staff is very friendly and professional. Me and my boyfriend had two incredible days and romantic moments because it was our tenth anniversary and we decided to celebrate in South America.
The guys who work there were very helpers, they guided us from the first day of our stay (they are true friends wearing ties). We send a special greeting to the girls of Sama Cafe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shannon m
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was just lovely, great location and a pretty nice breakfast. The highlight, however, was the concierge whose name I don't have on hand, but who was just wonderful (and, in fact, all of them were!) who gave recommendations of the best restaurants, knew answers to every possible question and in general made this stay remarkable.

Room Tip: I got upgraded for free to the suite, which was facing away from traffic and it was pretty quiet.