“Its a connaisseurs paradise!!!”
Review of Puro Peru

Puro Peru
Ranked #251 of 2,591 Restaurants in Lima
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barranco
Lima, Peru
“Its a connaisseurs paradise!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've had the pleasure of eating at Puro Peru at least 10 times and I have to say its a fantastic restaurant!! Starting with a fine selection of the best dishes of most types of cuisine and the top local specialties of comida criolla. But thats not everything that makes it one of the best, the service is excellent, the dinning, coking and serving areas are impecably clean, the chefs and kitchen help are spotless. The kitchen is in the middle of the restaurant and wide open to where you can see all the chefs cooking. This is not your regular buffet, in every corner of the serving area there are chefs preparing on request specialties like fettuccine in any style with shrimp, beef, chicken, alfredo sauce, pesto and much more. A completetly separe sushi bar with a chef that will make you any roll or cut that you wish. A grill area that will cook to your desire any meat cut you choose and some of the most exotic salsas for your griled delights.
The dessert bar is probably the most assorted one you will find anywhere (and I dont mean only in Peru). Creppes with lucuma icecream made to request and chirimoya ambrossia you will never forget. If you dont know those names yet, all I can tell you is that they are some of the most delicious exotic fruits that are original of the south pacific region and for unknown reasons not adaptable elsewhere.
I could keep on naming dishes and other aspects of Puro Peru that in my opinnion make it maybe among the best in the world but I suggest that you experience it personally.
I would dare to say that together with Macchupicchu, The Manu Forest, the Amazon Jungle, Miraflores and Mancora, Puro Peru is one of the reasons that make it worthwhile visiting Peru.

• Visited April 2013

Cancun
“What a place...awesome”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Great food and service.
To bad I didn't have a dinners international card, there was a big promotional discount with it.

• Visited May 2013
Buffalo, NY
“fantastic selection with many unusual choices”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Generally my wife and I do not like buffets, but Puro in Lima is an exception. The selection of food is very wide and the food is not sitting around for a long time. Every thing is prepared in small batches, some is even made to order at several cooking/serving stations located around the restaurant. Their seafood selection is amazing. By far the best buffet we have every seen (including a few that we tried in the better hotels in Vegas) The restaurant would be a great place to visit with a large group of people. We stopped on the last afternoon of a tour we took with International Expeditions and our group of 6 people all greatly enjoyed this place.

• Visited March 2013
Cocoa, Florida
“So glad I went again!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was in Peru last year and a woman recommended Puro Peru so we went and loved it! On our visit this year, we made sure to make time to go back again! The most delicious, fresh and decadent buffet I have ever eaten at! DIning there is such an experience, so make sure to plan for 1-2hrs to enjoy it! If I go back to Lima again, again I will make sure to go to Puro Peru!!!

• Visited February 2013
Cusco, Peru
“I like this place a lot!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Usually when a buffet tries to throw a lot of different food experiences together, seafood, sushi, grill, creole, the culinary result is below average. Puro Peru and La Bistecca pull it off wonderfully. Peru Peru is on my top 5 list for group lunches when you want to kill an afternoon eating. I usually stick to the Creole and seafood, but having tried also the sushi and grill i can say that they are on par. The seating is open and comfortable and it is as easy to arrange the tables for a group of 5 or 40. A little out of the way in Barranco, but if your goal is to kill an afternoon, go!!

• Visited November 2012