“Clean simple air- conditioned accommodation”
Review of Amazon Apart Hotel

Amazon Apart Hotel
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Iquitos
Sydney, Australia
“Clean simple air- conditioned accommodation”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Amazon Apart Hotel worked well for a single night prior to our Amazon lodge.
In its favour:
Clean air conditioned room
Very friendly and helpful staff who speak good English
Free airport shuttle

Disadvantages:
Nondescript area, noisy street, about 3km from river and main tourist area (moot taxis are only $1 though)
Water slightly lukewarm at best
Wi FI signal weak, and you need to log in repeatedly
Breakfast dreadful- no cereal, no toast, no fruit, no pastries, no milk. Instant coffee, hard boiled eggs already peeled and cold, a couple of unidentifiable dishes pre cooked.

Overall, for the money, reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. Nonne of the rooms have an outlook of any kind.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank impossible50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vidalia, LA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family and I stayed for 3 weeks in this hotel. The staff was amazing, they went way above and beyond anything we could have asked. The food was always fresh and good. The pool area is very nice, the hotel was kept very clean. I hope to go back and stay here again. We found this hotel to be cheaper than others and the room we had was much larger compared to what the others offered us. Cheaper, larger, extremely nice, very clean, and good food, that all makes Amazon Apart a huge win in my book.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Danny R
Melbourne
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed here for one night on arrival in Iquitos before doing an Amazon tour. The room and bathroom was very nice and modern, with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was a bit average, although we did get there at the end, as they were packing it up. The pool was a bit dirty, but the staff were very helpful. The hotel is very new, in fact in some places construction appears to be ongoing. One point to mention is the taxi driver from the airport told us to be careful and watch our belongings during the day as the hotel is very close to the busy (and dodgy) Belem Markets, however we had no problems either at night or during the day. The area is also very quiet at night, with few dining or entertainment options nearby, however a mototaxi is only 3 soles to the central square.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank eamonn78
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My stay at to Amazon Apart hotel was just wonderfull.
Well located, lovely staff, confortable rooms with european style bathrooms.
Breakfast was plentifull with good international and local food.
I appreciated very much the freshly squashed tropical juices.
Definetly I will stay there again.
It was fun also to give a little try to the next door Tragamonedas, quite a local experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 575Giampy51
travellingwilbury66
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip to Iquitos and, having looked at a couple of the alternative hotels when I was mooching around town, I think this is probably the best value hotel in town. There is another hotel on the main square that looks like it had nicer rooms (I asked to get shown a room as I was thinking of switching after the first night at Apart Hotel) but to be honest it was 3 times the price and I'm not sure it was a whole lot better. The rooms at the Apart Hotel were perfectly decent value for money bearing in mind that this is the middle of the rainforest; Miguel the receptionist/bell-boy was on hand throughout my stay to point out good places to party at night so if that's your thing, just ask for Miguel. The hotel has a noisy 'casino' (slot-machine arcade) on the ground floor but i had the closest room in the whole hotel and I couldn't really hear much - might bother you if you're a light sleeper. Oh, and there is some noise from construction - so don't come and stay at this hotel if you're expecting some tranquil jungle lodge; this is a business-class hotel that has the basic amenetities required if you're spending a few nights in this town.

Room Tip: the rooms upstairs are quieter but smaller - if you want a bit more space the rooms on the ground fl...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank travellingwilbury66
Chanhassen, Minnesota
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Upon arrival the outside of the hotel isn’t much to look at, and the lobby doesn’t impress much at first glance as well. However when you first walk in there’s that old familiar friend waiting for you...Air conditioning, a luxury that is hard to find in this jungle city. I stayed for 4 days and the elevator was broken all 4 days. The staff is very helpful and if you have any questions or problems they will work with you to fix it. The rooms are modern and comfortable with working a/c units, refrigerator and TV. The one thing they don’t have that went unnoticed until our last night when it was needed is a smoke detector. The market behind the hotel had caught fire during the night and smoke was coming into our room during the night. The bathrooms are modern and clean and the provided shampoos and soaps are recognizable name brands and were replenished every day. The mini fridge has some sodas and waters available, and for a minibar, very reasonably priced. Also you can replace items taken from the minibar before checking out and they won’t charge you. The TV did have about 4 English speaking stations including HBO. Do not count on the wifi for anything other than reading text. (downloading one song to my iphone took 2 hours) There are no closets, so you basically live out of your suitcase the entire time. They have a nice big new van for airport transport which was free. I do not recall meeting any staff during my stay that spoke english which would have been issue had I not been there with locals. Breakfast was pretty decent and included plenty of fresh juices. Bottom line the hotel is a solid 3 out of 5, and for the value it’s the best you can do in Iquitos and still have AC. Would I stay here again? Yes and I probably will in November, bringing wife and child in tow. Iquitos is a fairly advanced travel destination and to have a hotel like the Amazon Apart Hotel in town at such a good value is a diamond in the rough.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mogolloyd
New York
Reviewed December 12, 2011

When I arrived, I was placed in a room on the 5th floor. The elevator does not work, so for the next 2 days of my stay, I used the starwell. There are building the 6th floor, so every morning at 8am I had construction noise from the roof, and the walls. I could not sleep fine. I requested a new room for the following day. They stated there was nothing they could do for me. I then asked for a wakeup call at 7am. The woman assured me I would get one, but did not write it down. After a night out and arriving back at 1am in the morning, I also asked the man for a wakeup call. He wrote it down in a book. I NEVER got the call. Lucky for me I still made it to my tour on the Amazon. Also, no one speaks english at this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick floors 2 through 4.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo