“Worst food in Iquitos” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner
Iquitos, Peru
“Worst food in Iquitos”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Went to Pikanto Restaurant as I have been by there many times and decided to try it. They advertise Pizza and Pasta along with many Peruvian dishes and even advertise that they have Mexican.
I wanted to try different foods, so I ordered a small pizza with chorizo. I also ordered a Pikanto Burrito, their special Mexican burrito, that is supposed to have both chicken and beef.

The pizza came first so I tried a piece of that. It was terrible. The crust was like cardboard and I believe was a frozen pre-manufactured crust that tasted old. There was no sauce for any flavor and the cheese was bland without flavor. One of the worst pizzas I have ever eaten.
I didnt finish it as it was so bad.

I was anxious to see what the Pikanto Burrito would be like. When it came, I questioned the waitress if that was a burrito? It was a thick wet soggy pancake with ingredients rolled up inside. I asked the waitress for some salsa for the burrito, but she came back and said they used to have some Tabasco, but it was finished and they have not bought anymore.
I opened it up to see what was inside and there was a very small amount of shredded chicken, some soggy cooked lettuce and a little bit of white cheese. No beef meat. I tasted it and it was horrible. Absolutely the worst soggy pancake with wet soggy cooked lettuce.
And the price was high for Iquitos at s/17 soles for the burrito ($6.25). That amount in Iquitos will get you a very nice meal. I told them I have eaten burritos all over the world, and some are not good, but the burrito at Pikanto is by far the worst of the worst.
Don't waste your time or your money at Pikanto Restaurant. There are many other very good restaurants in Iquitos to choose from. I wish someone else had reviewed Pikanto Restaurant at Trip Advisor to warn us before I went there.

• Visited August 2014