“Interesting”

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Was in Iquitos with church group and we had extra time before our flight back to Lima. Took a caravan of moto taxis to the zoo. Amazing wildlife, and plants, nice lake and excellent folklore stories about the area. Got to see the pink dolphin up close. Highlight of the zoo for me.

Visited May 2013

Trapani, Italy
“capture the wild”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

It is not my thing to have animals in captivity. but i must admit that it is in some way the opportunity to see some species that normally are clever enough to keep there distance from us humans.
Interesting the walking trees... you can see how they move with time.

Visited December 2013
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A nice day in Quistococha”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

we spent a nice day of family in Quistococha zoo, we saw all types of animals that live in the jungle, in additional with the climate, the artificial beatch and the lake were magnificent, we swam and enjoyed the fresh water of the lake.
we finally finished the day eating the cuisine of the jungle in a tipycal restaurant.
is for this reasons that i recommend to visit the zoo of Quistococha in Iquitos Peru.

Visited June 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A nice afternoon”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I went with my girlfriend to the zoo and it was quite a nice afternoon. We took a moto taxi from where we were staying in Iquitos to the zoo which took about 40 minutes, it was fun. There is a nice beach at the zoo with a big lake which is warm and nice to swim in. There are also some beautiful gardens to walk around. I think we saw as many animals outside of cages than we did inside, i'm not sure which ones were wild and which had escaped? all in all a good time.

Visited January 2013
Palmdale, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“my trip to the zoo”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

went there with a mototaxista - this is a nice place if you like zoo's.. Its not modern or anything like that but it really dos a good job of showing you the fauna and flora of the area, which is quite a lot - I was impressed by how much I saw at the zoo, that was wild and just passing through while I was there, like the trail of leaf cutter ants crossing the zoo pathways - very cool.. What is impressive about Iquitos is that as much as you can see human impact has altered the landscape, the life force is so strong that there are still an abundance of animals in the area...

Visited November 2013