“Very eco-friendly project”

Allpahuayo Mishana National Reserve
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We used machetes to craft paths through the jungle, creating a trail far away from the people who live there. Walking past the enormous lianas, stumbling over the impressive roots of 40-meters trees and hearing echoing calls of invisible animals ringing through the trees, we could feel the spirit of the jungle around us.Stopping to rest and cool down in the many streams that are the veins holding the lifeblood of the jungle, we could see the water glistening red in the sun, coloured by the leaves floating slowly by us as we sat. The sunsets that greeted our return to the lodge after a day of work offered yet another amazing sight, the colours of the land melting into one another as the fading light draped itself over the land. It is a fleeting moment but one that must be seen to be believed. The nights offered something different still, a counterpoint to the brightness of the days where the noises and the movements of the nocturnal animals around us created an entirely new atmosphere in the jungle to be explored. We will provide all that you require to appreciate the wonder and beauty of this untamed natural world. We want to share with you the same emotions that we feel each and every time we arrive at Allpahuayo Mishana National Park. We guarantee that once you leave, you will want to come back.
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Amazing project! The lodge is in the national reserve of allpahuayo mishana. They give job to locals, to prevent deforestation and protect the environment. Very interesting the excurions; Johnny, the guide, made sure to tell us about every animal we came across and every plant .The community people are very friendly, attentive and fun. Daniel and Carmen also gave us a tour of Belen back in Iquitos, which was very interesting. I highly recommend visiting the Allpahuayo Mishana bed&trees

1  Thank fcolpani

Reviewed January 27, 2014

So wonderful!
Experience in the Amazon is very nice, at night you can see the sky full of stars, the aromas reminiscent of hundreds of new fruits and plants you've never seen.
swam with village kids, ate lunch with local families and simply relaxed and enjoyed the peaceful and secluded scenery.
We went to the jungle with Johny! very nice, friendly and knowledgeable, no birds, plants or story does not know, and gives you the felling that nothing will attach to you.
Also Daniele and Carmen, the organizer will find that money is not what drives the interest is much higher than that, you are helping communities to participate and also creates jobs for them as they get educated and improve life .
I recommend to anyone who wants to live an unforgettable life experience, you can trust this group of people.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Staying at Daniele's and Carmencita's it has been a beautiful experience.
I truly felt I was experiencing a real peruvian style of life.
We spent the first days in iquitos, wondering around the highly "populated" street, surrounded by vital noises and flavors. walking around the market and its colors was a astonishing experience. But when we travelled with the boat between the floating houses of the "venezia peruviana", I realized i yet had not even touched the beauty of Iquitos. we also spend one afternoon in the floating garden of teh Restinga, a ONG that helps a lot the community. it was truly amazing, we stayed there with children and women who were learning how to grow wealthy food. we also fished and i caught a small pirania!!!
going back to Iquitos with the boat during the sunset, was just one of those memory that you know you'll never forget.

the next day we moved to the selva. walking there and slowly getting deeper and deeper in to the forest while the sun was going down was a little scary. But little Carmencita was the best guide one can get and made everything easy..
what to say..getting to the house and being overwhelmed by the star, was like staying in a dream. the real world seemed miles and miles away. we had a bath in one of the small rivers (that was truly scary! but don't be afraid of the locals trying to scare you with some "Boa stories"!!!) and then went to bed.
the following day were just one better then the other. I helped Daniele and the other local guys building part of the second house..working in direct contact with them, made me a lot closer to their way of seeing and appreciating life. working and walking in the forest was great, but nothing could ever get close to the sensation of hammock
a fresh chicken (couldn't be more fresh than that..) roasted on fire was a great goodbye lunch to this enchanted secret place.

a big hug to Daniele and Carmencita, the best companions for this voyage to the amazon forest

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Carmen and Daniele,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience with the beatuful nature you guys gave to my family! we will never forgot those days we spent in the jungle. Also trip to Belen was awsome!!
I will reccomend you to my friends and family. Love every minute of this trip! and thank you for helping me with my little boy who didn't give you to much rest.
Thank you again and to another time we meet.
Love, Ivona

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Experience in the Amazon is fascinating, at night you can see the sky full of stars, the aromas remind you hundreds of new fruits and plants you have never seen. The community people are very friendly, attentive and fun. I Highly recommend visiting the Allpahuayo Mishana...time seems to stop. I-m deeply grateful to Carmencita for letting know their world.

1  Thank pasquale45