“Fascinating experience”
Review of Amaru Spirit

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iquitos
Amaru Spirit
Dunedin, Florida
“Fascinating experience”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Loved living in harmony with the jungle, ferrying there by boat, enjoyed the healthy food, interesting worldly clientele, well organized, and Slocum is very knowledgeable and passionate about his holistic center.

Room Tip: They all have their charm.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Miki L

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I started arranging my stay in Amaru Spirit in advance from England and Slocum, the owner, was very helpful from the start and very efficient in his replies. I was a woman travelling on my own and so it was important to me that I will be doing ceremonies in a safe environment.
I felt very safe (Slocum and the ayahuasca shaman Roman and tobacco shaman Ernesto were very attentive during the ceremonies), comfortable (I had my own hut with a bathroom, fully protected with mosquito nets amid trees and greenery), supported (by Slocum, his lovely family and staff) and looked after (the food was absolutely amazing and super healthy).
I started with a 2 week gallbladder & liver detox (Slocum has lots of knowledge about nutrition and local medicinal plants), did ayahuasca ceremonies and ended with a week of tobacco diet. It was all intense but needed. I left so many burdens and blockages behind in order to be filled with more lightness and light that I could take. It was the perfect place to do these healings.

I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for a healing (whatever the illness), a detox, shamanic ceremonies or simply a place to recharge your batteries.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Julietguide
Brasov, Romania
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed at Amaru Spirit in late November – December this year. The tambos at the lodge are beautifully spread out so there is real sense of space and that special feeling of being in the rainforest. The tambos themselves are very well designed and constructed. The casa grande has a very comfortable top floor with a library, and lots of big sit-in cushions, a perfect place to chill out. Slocum is an outstanding classically trained artist and you can perceive his artistic ‘eye’ throughout the design, layout, and excellent quality of the buildings. One of the hallmarks of Amaru Spirit is the incredibly delicious raw food, with loads of superfood smoothies such as acai, maca, cacao, bee pollen and more. Yolita and the staff are very friendly, cheerful, and always there to offer assistance.

The ayahuasca (brewed in situ) is well prepared and of very high quality and I experienced some of the most exquisite and transformative ayahuasca ceremonies that I have had over the years. I was impressed how tireless Slocum is in his efforts to care for participants in the ceremony, and one of the most interesting and helpful aspects during the ayahuasca ceremonies, the shaman Roman and Slocum offered individual limpieza and curación (cleansing & healing) to participants. They worked in conjunction, with Roman working on an astral or psychic level and giving a rastreo (a traditional divination through psychic means), whilst Slocum focussed on the energy and physical body. This unique fusion of powerful healing modalities cleared and untangled inappropriate and unhelpful energetic attachments, so I felt rejuvenated and filled with vitality.

I also did the liver, gall-bladder cleanse programme. It was definitely worthwhile; a lot of green gunk came out including some calcified gallstones. After I felt refreshed and recharged, and I will certainly without doubt do this cleanse again.

Howard G Charing
Co-author of ‘Plant Spirit Shamanism’, and ‘The Ayahuasca Visions of Pablo Amaringo’.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Howard C
Otopeni, Romania
Reviewed December 24, 2013

It is very hard to describe my experience at Amaru Spirit Lodge with Slocum, Yolita and all the girls and guys, using just words. You have to come and live here, to feel and understand what love and nature and dedication means! You are great guys and I always feel there like home. You gave me a new start and now I feel how my life-sight changes. Everything there was great! You have to go there to feel the power and kindness of Mother Nature / Pachamama. Thanks again and be sure that I will return with love and pleasure. You got some lifetime friends! Good luck to you all!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Radu D
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed December 14, 2013

A blend between soul food and feeding the body. Opening a symphony of souls, passion and total dedication. Staff and nature in full communion located in our job to help and teaching. a real life lesson. Thank you! Wonderful place, wonderful people!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Glifada, Greece
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We were a company of 4.We stayed one week in June.

The Center is in a very good location half an hour from Iquitos by boat, close enough if you need something far enough to find peace.

The accommodation its excellent, clean, with mosquito nets all over ,very well cared and in a great place to enjoy your sleep with the gentle music of jungle.

Unique superfood for Breakfast.As for Lunch rich, with organic vegeterian varieties combine with fresh juices from tropic fruits.

Highly recommended for people that search for an expert, to detox their bodies,an expert that has surprising knowlendge in medicines and plants.Slocum is the Shaman you need to meet, a genuine person with a wise spirit.He can interpretate very well the shamanic wisdom in our modern way of life.Slocum put bridges between the ancient wisdom and the modern world.He can give specific advises to each person depending the personality,he is realy there to help you not with generalities that can feet to anybody.

Slocum is very devoted in what he does a great host and the Center reflects his personality.

Great experience I hope i ll have the chance to be there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The earlier reviews have told a nice and congruent story about this location, which I agree with.

What really struck me at my retreat were all the wonderful people I met. We had extraordinary discussions of various topics every single day. I kept a notebook with me, and jotted down page after page of absolutely increadible bits of information, sources and facts and book recommendations that I've been looking into for several weeks and even months after my retreat.

I stayed for two weeks and really enjoyed my time in the beatiful nature. The boat ride from and to the city proved very handy when I started getting jungle-sick and finally broke down to my urges (craving my coffee and icecream! ;-)

Besides this I want to mention the place's owner, Slocum. He's a very warm, genuine and whole-hearted person, and I like him alot. He won't disappoint you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iquitos
Muyuna Amazon Lodge
#3 of 12 in Paraiso
Emperador Terraza
Emperador Terraza
#7 of 27 in Iquitos

Been to Amaru Spirit? Share your experiences!