“Hotel Acosta”

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Iquitos
Moorhead
“Hotel Acosta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel was in a great area, withing walking distance to many restaurants. The rooms have very good air conditioning, but the hallways are not air conditioned. There is wifi at the hotel but it can be very slow at times. The bathroom was nice and the rooms have a mini fridge. There is always someone at the front desk and the front door is locked at night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JamieRrr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here just one night in May 2013. We had spent the previous week in the jungle, so I'm sure just about any hotel would have seemed like a palace to us and as such my opinion might not be based entirely in reality. I really like the location, is was very convenient to walk around Iquitos, though we were exhausted and our only real goal was to get some rest before boarding a plane the next morning. My only issue (and it's minor) was that the hotel's website said they spoke English, which as it turned out they did not. Even so, with their poor English and our poor Spanish we manged to check in, get directions to a couple places and arrange for transportation to the airport. The room was very simple and clean, which is all we were looking for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

For Iquitos, I would rate this hotel as quite good. It is affiliated with another nicer and more expensive hotel (Victoria Regia) that I stayed in some years ago. I opted for this one this trip due to price and just to try a different place this time. Acosta is actually closer to the Plaza de Armas than its sister hotel, sitting just a couple of blocks off that main square. My room was decent, with good AC. As in most places I stayed in Peru, the hot water does not stay hot very long and one must shower quickly or just accept that this is how things are.

My bed was fine and any outside noise was masked mostly by the AC unit. I would recommend, as others have, to ask for a room off the main street, Huallaga.

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful with good-enough English to accommodate my bad Spanish.

I felt quite safe in this hotel, but Iquitos itself is getting bigger and seems more sketchy and dangerous to me than seven years ago when I first visited, so I probably won’t be staying here overnight in the future, but if I were to do so, I would probably choose this hotel again for its location, price, and general good quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Lima, Peru
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Hotel Acosta is a nice little hotel just a few blocks off of the Plaza de Armas. It is the less expensive sister hotel to the Victoria Regia and is a decent place within the city. My room, which was near the middle of the building wasn't too loud, but those further up on Huallaga could hear the mototaxi engines much louder. There is a school across the street so everyday around midday and early evening, there were hundreds of school children in the street in front of the building. The rooms all have air conditioning which was nice in the Iquitos heat and humidity. Breakfast was nothing special (toast, jam/butter, slices of ham and cheese and juice with the option for eggs) and the front desk staff were very helpful. Rooms also were basic but large and the shower did have hot water. The room did have a little deck which would have been nice to sit on but between the noise from the mototaxis and the heat, it wouldn't have been to pleasant. I stayed here 2 nights and would do so again the next time I am in Iquitos. Mototaxis from the Iquitos airport cost about 8 soles to get to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on the busy Huallaga street, but more towards the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank katebruder
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Acosta for two nights with my wife and booked online through Expedia. The price was okay, and the hotel was clean with good security. However it was missing a bit of something. I cant really knock the hotel except to say on the first night they decided to cut the power to the air conditioning which turned our room into a sauna. Then the day before we were due to check out they would arrange a taxi to the airport for us until 6am, 30 min later than the time we wanted. Instead we just grabbed a motorbike taxi outside of the hotel. It was cheaper, quicker and more fun than the airport transfer minibus the hotel was prepared to lay on for us.

I would stay here again, but at a push, perhaps I wanted something with a little more soul than just a hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank howa167
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

I have stayed at Hotel Acosta twice, each time for about 10 days. For Iquitos standards is very good. Spotless clean, modern-ish building (does not smell moldy) with air-conditioned rooms and hot water. Breakfast is not spectacular but does its job.
Front desk staff is very nice and helpful. Most importantly for me, I have not seen "shady" looking people hanging around. Feels safe.
Will stay here in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Central location within easy walking distance of shops, banks, restaurants and cafes. Inclusive breakfast good. Staff helpful and mostly friendly. Slightly more expensive and larger room at back of hotel recommended to avoid traffic noise.

• Stayed September 2011