Hospedaje La Pascana
$110
  • Pool
$171
$69
Hotel La Casona Iquitos(Iquitos)(Great Value!)
$34
  • Bar/Lounge
Emperador Terraza(Iquitos)(Great Value!)
$24
$23
Hostelworld.com
$49
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 7, 2012

An absolutely good place to stay in Iquitos. We had a double room for 50 Soles per night before and after our tour to the jungle and could leave our luggage there, safely locked in a separate room. The double room we had was simple but spacious and clean and equipped with good moscito-nets. If you're a light sleeper, take your earplugs with you because there are no glass windows. The attached bathroom only had a cold shower but you don't need warm water anyway in this climate! Breakfast is not included but you can order it at the hostel for about 8 Soles – including a great fresh coffee. The garden is a good place to relax and WiFi works there as well as in the common area inside.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChMBK
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I think the reviews of these hostels and hotels would be more helpful if you knew the age of the reviewers. What's excellent to a 20 year-old backpacker may be view differently to a 40 year-old who's roughing it days are behind him!
With that in mind, I am 40 and my roughing it days are behind me! We were offered an airport pick-up which we accepted. It turned out that they had just sent a taxi and we had to pay for it on arrival at the hotel. We took one look at our room and left for a hotel. It's the kind of place you'd stay if you were travelling around without wanting to spend much money. The double room was cramped, musty, and resembled a jail cell. The beds were metal-framed with foam mattresses. It isn't spacious, quiet, friendly or as cosy as they claim. I stayed in far better hostels in my three weeks in Peru. Until they invest some effort in cleaning it up, improving the beds, and the mosquito screens, skip it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank myround
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights after my jungle trek in Iquitos. It's not the greatest, but it was better than my first hostel I stayed in... so I'd say it's good by Iquitos standards! Rooms are very basic- private bathroom with cold shower and a fan. breakfast is not included, but there are options for sale. there's free internet/wifi (but they turn it off from 11pm-7am). The staff is friendly and the location is great, close to the main square and waterfront!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank nomad1405
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Besides this being a great place to stay with a super friendly staff, the Hotel Pascana has an added bonus... Their travel advisor Rosa. If it wasn't for her, I think my sister and I would still be stranded in Iquitos because Peruvian Airlines was grounded by the government. To say that she saved our trip is an understatement. If it wasn't for her, I would have packed my bags and headed back to California without even seeing Machu Picchu. She helped us rebook all our flights, got us passes to Machu Picchu, and all for a rather small fee. Thanks Rosa!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank akittelson
Reviewed December 9, 2010

This hostal offered a ¨promotion¨off it´s normal rate of 40 soles for a single room, or so they said, but on arriving this so-called promotion was only the offer of a bit of bread and tea for the same price, and they were totally unwilling to budge on the price of the room, despite being mostly empty. THe reception was NOT friendly, the room was grungy, and there was loud music from just outside. I would have left straight away but it was too late at night, but one night was more than enough. Don´t bother, you can find better for less money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo