“excellent choice”

Victoria Regia Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Iquitos
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Just returned from Iquitos. While the city is noisy especially on a Friday night my room was very quiet with no complaints. I walked to the plaza with no problems. There is road construction which makes walking on some of the streets difficult. The breakfast in the morning was very good with fresh fruit etc. I needed to charge my Kindle and left it with the front desk for assistance. When I return to Iquitos no doubt I will stay there again

Room Tip: room 413. very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 239jim

Reviewed April 21, 2012

The room - the first one they gave me was unacceptable. They changed me to a bigger and less smelly room with no problem. The second room had a similar smell due to the ancient carpet. Luckily, I had brought bedroom slippers to wear and didn't have to walk directly on it. The bathroom had the sturdy and clean 1950s fixtures I remember from my grandmother's house, but better hot water than she had. It was totally acceptable.
The common areas - there's wireless internet throughout; fast enough for email and FB, but not for working. The hotel bar, breakfast room, pool, and lobby are all quite nice and I actually preferred them to my room.
The breakfast - included with the room and really good. I ate the fresh fruit everyday (not always a good idea for a North American) and it was excellent.
The bar/restaurant - fabulous service; the food was well-prepared and perfectly safe to eat, although a little bland and expensive. Still nice to have an option to eat in if you don't feel like navigating Iquitos at the end of a long day.
The staff - really nice; they can communicate pretty well in English if you're willing to meet them partway in Spanish, and they take the security of their guests seriously. I couldn't go out to catch a cab without the doorman popping up right behind me to be sure I was negotiating OK. This was very kind of them and I quite appreciated it.
If I return to Iquitos, this is where I'll stay.

Room Tip: If you don't like the first room you get, ask for another.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pedsfs
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Spent one night at Victoria Regia before heading to the amazon. We were in walking distance to the plaza, the river and also the Belen market. We had a suite, we were upgraded without an additional charge. It was large and comfortable, clean, the staff was very friendly. After our trip to the Amazon they let us keep our luggage there until our transfer to the airport, we then took time to wander around Iquitos and people watch. They had internet but we were too busy to use it.

Room Tip: We had the suite and that was really nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank imthimy1
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Ihad a junior suite with a king bed.
I stayed 2 nights. The hotel is very clean and very quiet.
There is a coffee bar with expresso!

The only small problem was the internet was not good in the room .but they have a fast internet in the lobby.
The bath has hot and cold water, a bathtub and there is a minibar in the room

Room Tip: get a junior swuite on a high floor for a quiet room
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I am an experienced traveler to the jungle that has stayed at the Victoria Regia twice. The first time, all was well. We had hot water (others complained of this), the internet worked, and the restaurant was fine.

The second time, I discovered about 7 red itchy bites running in a line in areas where the sun don't shine! Uh oh! bed bugs!

I won't be staying again and will check all mattresses from now on.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank princesa_carolina
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I've been to this Hotel several times in the past and just recently had the opportunity to place comment. I feel i must advise fellow travelers of my favorite spot. Overall the management and staff are there to make your stay an enjoyable one and are willing to go beyond for you. The hospitality was excellent; location is right in the heart of the city but yet private. Cleanliness is excellent and again i emphasize that the staff are there to please you. Any particular requests can be directed to them and they will make it priority to fullfill so keep that in mind. I am looking forward to returning to my favorite hotel soon. Miss such great service.

Room Tip: Be sure to check room first.If not pleased the staff will not hesitate to accomodate. At first i fou...
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mister-F2010
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. Well maintained with a friendly, courteous staff, good wi-fi. The food was really good in both the bar (dinner) and restaurant (breakfast). We stayed one night while on vacation but met several folks there on business. Everyone seemed satisfied with the hotel, which is a pretty good accomplishment for such a remote city. We would definitely stay there again.

Make sure that you book a Junior Suite or better - the "Double" rooms are indeed quite small.

Room Tip: Make sure that you book a Junior Suite or better - the "Double" rooms are indeed quite sma...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple