“Nice trip to the jungle”
Review of Green Track Hostel

and 1 more site!
Green Track Hostel
Ranked #18 of 93 Specialty Lodging in Iquitos
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed a couple of nights in the green track hostel. It`s a verry nice hostel, cleen rooms friendly people,...
I also booked a trip with green track to the jungle for four days. It`s not the cheapest option if you want to book a trip in iquitos buth it was a verry good trip. We went to a community in the jungle, had local guides as well a english speaking guide, nice people, great food, good place to stay in a house of somebody who lives in the community. We saw a lot of animals. The group was not to big (3 people)
It was a verry good experience and you are sure everybody gets the right amount of money they theserve.

I would do it again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I loved Green Track Hostel! A friend and I arrived there after having to spend a couple days dealing with a very stressful search for a stolen camera and it was the perfect place. Although we were on a budget, we were more than happy to pay the 25 soles for a dorm bed, with AC, a clean and large kitchen, a great TV room and common area, and a pretty good breakfast spread. It's a super comfortable and welcoming place.

The best part for us was certainly the staff. The owner, Caleb, went out of his way to help us figure out our situation and make us comfortable. He's an excellent guy and seems to be able to help with anything you need!

This is a great place, stay here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Dante_Recondo, Owner at Green Track Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

hi Shiraz, thanks very much for giving us a review. I was happy to help you deal with the stolen camera situation, and I still hold out hope that it can be recovered.

I am glad you enjoyed your time at the hostel, in spite of that inconvenience. I am convinced that 25 soles for an air-conditioned dorm room, a price that includes wi-fi and a good breakfast, is the best deal in all of Iquitos. Of course we have private rooms as well, but for backpackers and those on a budget, I like to think we offer the best accommodation for the price in all of Iquitos.

Take care, and hope to see you back in the jungle some other time.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The owners are super nice and helpful. The Hostel is great. I stayed there for a couple of nights in July. Breakfast was really good, and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out in the courtyard, talking with many fascinating people. I highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to Iquitos.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

hi there, thanks very much for your kind review of our hostel. I have also spent many hours out in the courtyard talking with the many fascinating people that find their way to our door. We have put a lot of work into making Green Track Hostel the kind of place that attracts interesting people from all over the world, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Also, the newest addition to our courtyard is a regulation-size ping pong table! It looks like it will be getting a lot of use out there in the maloca, by the guests as well as the owners...

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Im actually not too sure of pricing of other hostels but I thought this one was a good value. It's a little further from the plaza de Armas but not a deal breaker. The owner, is very helpful, quick to address issues and a great host. The Internet wasn't so great but not sure it was much better elsewhere. This is definitely the hostel to stay at if you love to cook. I've never seen such a well equipped, organized and clean kitchen. All around great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My stay at the Green Track was most enjoyable,everyone was very friendly and helpful, the breakfasts that is included in the price was incredible !! I will return to Iquitos and again stay at the Green Track Hostel
lynn kelley

1  Thank sailh0rse
Reviewed July 15, 2012

After spending nearly 3 months in Iquitos, towards the end of my trip I came across Green Track Hostel. What a treat! The hostel is absolutely complete. Great location, right near the center of town, QUIET (which is difficult to find in Iquitos), has a beautiful open garden with seating, tables, hammocks, a huge fully equipped kitchen, very neat and clean rooms/bathrooms (with amazing water pressure in the shower), a nice living room area with a huge TV, and although I'm not a drinker, a neat little bar connecting the front room to the open courtyard. The owners, Caleb and Katoo are really wonderful and gracious hosts making sure to attend to eveyone's needs.
I had the opportunity to take a tour to the jungle with Katoo, such a great experience. We visited a community called El Chino (about 3 hrs by boat from Iquitos) where we were received with open arms by a beautiful family who will forever have a very special place in my heart. We did an amazing jungle hike the next day where we were given a rich abundance of information regarding all the various plants and life of the jungle. On our final day we went fishing, what an incredible experience that was. All in all, my experience with Green Track Hostel was the icing on the cake to my entire trip. Thank you Green Track!

1  Thank NicoleZimm84
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was staying in greentrack for 10 days. during that time we went to the jungle for 4 days and were doing all the nice activities around the Iquitos. Butterfly farm, mamantee rescue center, zoo, shamans, Super Erectus:) etc.
Hostel is nice and clean and owners, Caleb and Katu are very honest and giving the best information related to life and activities around Iquitos. I would reccomend it to people who are travelling first time to Iquitos because it is very important to start your adventure with the right and honest people. K

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Hi Estonia11, thanks so much for your positive review. We're glad we were able to help you connect with the right people and places during your stay here, so you were able to make the most of your vacation in Iquitos. Reliable information and trustworthy referrals can make all the difference, and we take that very seriously. Hope you come back and see us sometime! C.