“Average at best”

Amazon Bistro
Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Iquitos
Cuisines: French, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: House made bread. Breakfast, sandwiches. Real expresso. Argentine beef. Salmon and tuna steaks. Belgian Chocolate. French Wines. French Champagne. In an old style café de Paris in Iquitos ! Open from 6:00 am to late at night.WiFi
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Amazon Cafe is not very Amazon. It is more of a French style bistro that is an ex-pat hangout. The service was very good and the food was good, but it is not an "authentic" experience at all.

1  Thank D_123_B

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The menu was not exactly what I was hoping for, but I suppose I should have taken the name (Amazon BISTRO) literally. I ended up getting the tabbouli simply because I didn't see much else that looked appetizing at the time, but several in the group I was with got a fish dish and said it was good. The bruschetta was amazing, but again not what I was hoping for.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

A good place to get an expresso, food was average, service was slow, the inside is pretty, but Iquitos is not a place where you can eat French food.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A french-inspired menu, quiet place to meet up (compared to other places in the center of Iquitos) and i LOVE places with really cold beers and chilled glasses. Great service and ambiance.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here last night, we had the same thing and this morning are both very ill in bed with food poisoning. We are supposed to fly out of Iquitos today but aren't sure we are going to be able to get up to get the flight. We both have very robust stomachs and have been travelling for 6 months now without a problem. This place looks nice enough, bit shabby, food tastes ok but it's not worth the risk the following morning.