“Good Value in Iquitos.”

Ranked #33 of 78 Specialty Lodging in Iquitos
Whitehorse, Canada
“Good Value in Iquitos.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed there in April of 2012. Iquitos is a rough city but we felt it was a safe place there. The complementary breakfast was simple but did the trick. The room was clean and had good air conditioning, which is a 'must' in Iquitos. The owner / manager, John, comes on a little strong at first but as you get to know him, he is a good guy and he was helpful to us with recommendations for restaurants, transportation, etc.

For its inexpensive rate, this is a fine, well located hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Dubai for 3 days in January. Room was clean, AC worked great, location was great. The WIFI was a hit and miss, I was on the second floor. The hotel staff was good. The manager is very friendly and helped me out by giving me a map of the area and showing me the things to do in Iquitos and in detail for better prices (much appreciated). Breakfast was good, they cooked for me and I was treated well :D

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
perth
Reviewed January 24, 2013

What a nice clean well located hotel at a very reasonable price. The staff are great, particularly the manager with a strong italian accent, nice character. Very helpful with everything. Shame iquitos is so contaminated and dirty.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
480Gianni, Director de Recepción at Dorado Hotel Express, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
thank you and see you soon take yourself.Hotel Dubai
Misano Adriatico, Emilia-Romagna, Italy
Reviewed November 20, 2012

住在Dubai 宾馆很方便。舒服的床、干净的房间、热情的老板。宾馆离中心很近。它房间都有空间、热水、卫生间。我和我男朋友住在Dubai宾馆非常满意。

Hotel Dubai is a very nice place to stay. Beds are comfortable, rooms are clean and the owners are great. The hotel is close to the city center. All of the rooms have air conditioning, hot water and private bathroom. My boyfriend and I have been very satisfied staying at Hotel Dubai.

Linda e Daniele

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
480Gianni, Director General at Dorado Hotel Express, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you and I hope to see you soon take care yourself.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for three nights with a trip to the jungle in between. From the beginning we were treated really well by the owner Gianluca who gave us a map and showed us places of interest and good restaurants etc. He really does go out of his way to make sure you enjoy your stay.

Not only that, the rooms are also lovely and really clean. When we got back from the jungle we were upgraded for free to a bigger room which was a nice surprise. Good air con and hot water most of the time.

We would like to thank all the staff at Hotel Dubai for a great stay, probably the best place we have stayed in South America to date.

• Stayed October 2012
480Gianni, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Dorado Hotel Express, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you so much and I hops to see you soon take care yourself.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I spent a week at a lodge on the amazon and stayed at Hotel Dubai for one night when I returned, as I had an early morning flight out the next day. When I checked in I met the owner (Jeanluca I think) who was really friendly and helpful.

Cleanliness: the entire hotel is spotlessly clean it sparkles.

Room: The room I had was very spacious and clean. I had a large bed, tv with cable, air conditioning, and spacious bathroom with hot water. It was the first hot water shower I'd had in a week and it was very much appreciated :)

Location: excellent location, only a few streets back from the boulevard.

As I was only there for one night the owner gave me a map of Iquitos and wrote it on some places that would be worth having a look at, and some good places to get a bite to eat and drink.

I had to leave at 6.30am in the morning to catch my flight back to Lima. Breakfast starts at 7am, but the owner said he would have some coffee and toast ready for me at 6am so that I could eat before I left. And he did! When I came down in the morning there was a table set for me with toast and coffee. It's the little things like that which make a difference.

If I were to come back to Iquitos I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
480Gianni, Gerente at Dorado Hotel Express, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you so much and see you soon take care yourself
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed a total of 4 nights at this hotel. The staff was excellent as they kept one of our bags for 4 nights (free) when we went on a jungle tour. The owner also arranged a great guide (ask for Ronny, really nice guy) and did not charge commission like an agency would.The guide was cheap too! The rooms had air conditioning, TV, and even a mini fridge The water was not always as warm as it could be... but its the Amazon. You can't be too picky! The wifi is slow, but worked. And if you want better wifi you can go to the Karma cafe right down the street, where its free.

For $40 a night, this place was awesome. The price is great and the hotel was much better than expected. Again, the staff was wonderful.

Also, if you booked through booking.com and are worried about a 10% service charge, it is clearly stated on the booking confirmation. They also accepted US dollars for payment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
480Gianni, Director de Recepción at Dorado Hotel Express, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Muchas Gracias and thank you so much see you soon and take care yourself ciao