“great hotel”

Dorado Hotel Express
Ranked #26 of 93 Specialty Lodging in Iquitos
Reviewed January 24, 2013

What a nice clean well located hotel at a very reasonable price. The staff are great, particularly the manager with a strong italian accent, nice character. Very helpful with everything. Shame iquitos is so contaminated and dirty.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
480Gianni, Director de Recepción at Dorado Hotel Express, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

thank you and see you soon take yourself.Hotel Dubai

Reviewed November 20, 2012

住在Dubai 宾馆很方便。舒服的床、干净的房间、热情的老板。宾馆离中心很近。它房间都有空间、热水、卫生间。我和我男朋友住在Dubai宾馆非常满意。

Hotel Dubai is a very nice place to stay. Beds are comfortable, rooms are clean and the owners are great. The hotel is close to the city center. All of the rooms have air conditioning, hot water and private bathroom. My boyfriend and I have been very satisfied staying at Hotel Dubai.

Linda e Daniele

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
480Gianni, Director General at Dorado Hotel Express, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you and I hope to see you soon take care yourself.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for three nights with a trip to the jungle in between. From the beginning we were treated really well by the owner Gianluca who gave us a map and showed us places of interest and good restaurants etc. He really does go out of his way to make sure you enjoy your stay.

Not only that, the rooms are also lovely and really clean. When we got back from the jungle we were upgraded for free to a bigger room which was a nice surprise. Good air con and hot water most of the time.

We would like to thank all the staff at Hotel Dubai for a great stay, probably the best place we have stayed in South America to date.

• Stayed: October 2012
480Gianni, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Dorado Hotel Express, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you so much and I hops to see you soon take care yourself.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I spent a week at a lodge on the amazon and stayed at Hotel Dubai for one night when I returned, as I had an early morning flight out the next day. When I checked in I met the owner (Jeanluca I think) who was really friendly and helpful.

Cleanliness: the entire hotel is spotlessly clean it sparkles.

Room: The room I had was very spacious and clean. I had a large bed, tv with cable, air conditioning, and spacious bathroom with hot water. It was the first hot water shower I'd had in a week and it was very much appreciated :)

Location: excellent location, only a few streets back from the boulevard.

As I was only there for one night the owner gave me a map of Iquitos and wrote it on some places that would be worth having a look at, and some good places to get a bite to eat and drink.

I had to leave at 6.30am in the morning to catch my flight back to Lima. Breakfast starts at 7am, but the owner said he would have some coffee and toast ready for me at 6am so that I could eat before I left. And he did! When I came down in the morning there was a table set for me with toast and coffee. It's the little things like that which make a difference.

If I were to come back to Iquitos I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
480Gianni, Gerente at Dorado Hotel Express, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thank you so much and see you soon take care yourself

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed a total of 4 nights at this hotel. The staff was excellent as they kept one of our bags for 4 nights (free) when we went on a jungle tour. The owner also arranged a great guide (ask for Ronny, really nice guy) and did not charge commission like an agency would.The guide was cheap too! The rooms had air conditioning, TV, and even a mini fridge The water was not always as warm as it could be... but its the Amazon. You can't be too picky! The wifi is slow, but worked. And if you want better wifi you can go to the Karma cafe right down the street, where its free.

For $40 a night, this place was awesome. The price is great and the hotel was much better than expected. Again, the staff was wonderful.

Also, if you booked through booking.com and are worried about a 10% service charge, it is clearly stated on the booking confirmation. They also accepted US dollars for payment.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
480Gianni, Director de Recepción at Dorado Hotel Express, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Muchas Gracias and thank you so much see you soon and take care yourself ciao

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We are more "Nothing but praise" patrons of Hotel Dubai in Iquitos, Peru. The hotel is super clean!!!! The rooms are wonderful. Jeanluca is absolutely wonderful as well. He goes out of his way to make sure his guest are well taken care of. His main concern is his guests and he does everything in his power to make your stay in Iquitos memorable. The breakfast served in the morning needs to be mentioned. The owner of the hotel prepares your breakfast himself. It's nothing short of fabulous!!!!! We've eaten in some great restaurants and have never been served anything better than what we were served at Hotel Dubai. Gourmet would sum it up nicely!! The staff is wonderful as well. No matter what time of day or night you meet a staff member you are greated with bright, beautiful smiles. Everyone goes out of their way to help in any way they can. I recommend Hotel Dubai to anyone planning a visit to Iquitos, Peru. It far exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have nothing but praise for Hotel Dubai in Iquitos. First class service, great rooms, friendly, helpful. I cannot think of a single complaint. Jean Luca consistently went out of his way to help me with every issue that came up. I like to think of him now as a friend. Also, the staff is first class.

When I return I will stay at Hotel Dubai.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. Some are bigger. I had a single, it was great