“Very lovely hotel in the city center”
Review of Nativa Apartments

Nativa Apartments
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Iquitos
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I was staying here twice in feb-2014. The hotel is very conveniently situated four blocks away the the waterfront. It faces one of the quieter streets which is important since it is quite noisy in Iquitos. The staff (Monica) is EXCEPTIONALLY friendly and eager to help, for which I'm really grateful.
All the infrastructure that Iquitos has to offer (markets, restaurants, supermarkets etc.) is available either by feet or by several minutes' ride on motocarro.
Would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for a short-term stay in Iquitos.

1  Thank Kirill F
There are newer reviews for Nativa Apartments

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I arrived in Iquitos at Nativa after two weeks travelling in Peru during which I had at some point contracted a bacterial infection surrounding a few bug bites on my ankle. When I showed my ankle to the host/landlady Monica to ask if she had any ice, she called a doctor right away to see if he could get me in. After that, she proceeded to cart me around town on her motorcycle to the doctor, several pharmacies and to a clinic every eight hours (over the next day and a half) for me to receive 5 intravenous doses of antibiotics. Without her and her unbelievable generosity in helping me get care for my infection, I most certainly would have had to miss my jungle tour which began two days later. Monica looked out for me as if I was a family member rather than just a stranger/customer who had just showed up the day before. I am immensely grateful to her for this and for making my jungle trip (and my recovery!) possible while traveling alone speaking minimal Spanish.

Beyond the exceptional service and hospitality, the apartment at Nativa was the best place with the best value of all I stayed in Peru. The room was enormous with two seating areas, kitchenette, large bed and attached bathroom. On top of that, it was spotless upon arrival and kept clean throughout my stay. The A/C was welcome and necessary with the humidity of Iquitos. The location was a quiet few blocks (short walk) away from the main plaza and plenty of restaurants. The refrigerator came in handy to store leftovers from restaurants which made it easy for me to eat without going out the day I needed to stay in and rest my ankle.

Lastly, Monica was extremely helpful in suggesting places to visit and providing directions on how to get there.

If you're going to Iquitos, you'd be foolish not to stay here!

Room Tip: I stayed in the room directly across from the office (room 2 maybe?) and can't imagine there'...
1  Thank Msmcshiz
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Iquitos is hot and steamy. Nativa Apartments provide a welcome respite from that with air conditioned rooms and a small refrigerator for your cusquena beer. (There's a small bodega across the street) To top it off the owner, Monica, is an absolute delight. Her English is very good and she gladly shares her knowledge of the town and it's attractions. The room I had was spacious and comfortable. The location is an easy walk (5 minutes) to the Plaza de Armas and the Malecon. For any other destinations take a mototaxi, if just for the cooling breeze.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank gardenerSonomaCounty
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Spent one night after a few days in the jungle but would have happily stayed more. Great location but still quiet at night. All the people were really friendly - landlady even offered me 2 beer bottles to use as an exchange at the local store - and also invited us to go with her and another guest to a local restaurant. Rooms were spacious, clean and cool!!! refrigerator was a nice touch after a trip to mercado belen. The communal space was comfortable and well organized. Great option!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank MarkB6810
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I spent two nights here back in January and would highly recommend it. Rooms were clean and comfortable with air-con, and the owner is super-friendly. It's also located just a few blocks from the main square and the water-front. If you're going to spend some time in Iquitos then you could do a lot worse than Nativa, and the price is very economical too for what you get. Only down-side is that there is no breakfast provided, but that's not really an issue for most people.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Native Apartments is the best place to stay if you're visiting Iquitos. It's clean, reasonably priced, and Monica is an angel. Highly recommend this place. Warm showers. Clean beds. AC in the rooms, and an amazing patio to sit down in the morning to have some tea.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Dmajid
Reviewed February 15, 2014

What can I say about Iquitos....a lot bigger and crazier than the quaint little town I had imagined. Nativa was an oasis in the chaos, with beautiful plants surrounding the entrance and patio. I forgot that our room had a kitchen complete with small refrigerator, microwave and sink and blessed air conditioning that we could regulate easily as we wished. We had a nice spacious room with a good clean bathroom The building is gated and locked keeping us from worry about our valuables etc. Residents are buzzed in after recognized.

Monica Araujo, the manager, welcomed us like we were her long lost relatives, in for a visit. Any thing we needed or wanted to know about Iquitos she help us with.

We were off on a trip into the Amazon and wanted to leave some of our baggage at the hotel even though we had checked out and it was not a problem. When we returned from our trip to head out to the airport, we stopped and picked up our bags and said goodby to our new found friend Monica and family.

Nativa is just a few blocks from the town square and a short walk to the river, the only area we found that they had made an effort to make attractive. It is amazing to me to see a town cut off from roads leading to the outside world, where motor vehicles are shipped in by boat, that is more chaotic with cars and motorcycles than this one. Iguitos is not lacking in motor vehicles, TV's, appliances, cloths, food, bars, restaurants, and shops of all kinds. What it is lacking in is beauty.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple