“You can't go wrong here”
Review of Nativa Apartments

Nativa Apartments
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Iquitos
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights at Nativa Apartments and thoroughly enjoyed it. The price is good and the room was lovely and very comfortable. The rooms have a kitchenette if you want to cook there and the staff keeps the rooms and the common spaces immaculate. Monica is extremely warm, friendly, and helpful. The place is located only a few blocks from the main square and the Boulevard, so it's very convenient. But it's also quiet, allowing you to get some respite from the noise of some 20,000 mototaxis zooming around the city.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We worked in Iquitos for over a month. After a stressful, exhausting, scorching and dusty day, Nativa was a sheltering oasis to look forward to. Everyone was like a friend, very attentive and warm and the rooms were always immaculate. It's like home, without the fights.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jorge M
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The Nativa Apartments was a great place for our family to stay in Iquitos over the Christmas holiday. The apartments were in the same price range as local hotels but provided much better quarters for our stay. Our apartment had two bedrooms, a living area, and a kitchenette (the main kitchen was made available as needed for our use). The building had controlled access, with staff providing entrance via a locked main door at any/all hours as needed. The rooms were very clean and well kept, there is AC, and hot water for showers. The location is within walking distance (3-4 blocks) of the main plaza and there is a convenient corner store on the same block for any needed items. It was an awesome place, just like we were staying at home.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I just returned from 5 nights at Nativa and was completely satisfied. Clean rooms, good security, cable TV, hot showers, fully functioning air conditioning and wonderful wonderful people. Juana is a jewel and will help you with everything with a smile. I would not consider a different hotel. Michael/Miraflores Lima and Denver, Colorado

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem to be fine.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had the best time in Iquitos thanks of being at Nativa Apartments, a place that I could call "home" for the month I was there. It is such nice and safe place.

The family owning the place lives in the main floor and everyone treats you as a friend looking after you and all your needs, recommending good places to visit and good restaurants to enjoy the amazing variety of Peruvian food.

At the apartments you can find brochures, guides and good information for lots of activities and places to visit, also for going into amazing Amazonian jungle expedition. It is a great base in town from where to travel to the jungle and for day trips around the area.

To return to Nativa after days in the jungle is just what I needed, a cozy room with aircon, super clean, very well maintained, hot water shower, fully safe, cable tv, little kitchen with a fridge and the always smiley staff receiving you at the door.

Very recommendable place to stay, I will be back.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pilar C
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This was my second visit to the Nativa and I was just as pleased (if not more so) with my stay. The Nativa continues to be the cleanest, most comfortable and best value in Iquitos. It is such a relief after spending a week out on the river to come back to air conditioning, TV, hot showers and comfy beds!
The staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. They are always able to direct me where to go to most easily access supplies I need for my trips out to the jungle and saved me a great deal of time and money. They also know the best restaurants/bars and can steer you away from tourist traps if you are interested in seeing the sights.
The Nativa and it's staff truly feels like my second home and I can't wait to return this summer!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Shelby K
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I travel a lot all over the world. In places like Peru where theft is perhaps number one obstacle for travelers, what I look for when I choose a hotel, is safety. Nativa Apartments is a small hotel attached to the owners house. It feels very personal and safe! I would live all my valuables there including passport my laptop etc. knowing that I can relax and feel just like at home. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: When you check in, just ask the staff to show you all the different rooms and pick the one you like.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends