“Can't find better in Iquitos”

Dawn on the Amazon Cafe
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Iquitos
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Taking care of the health of our client is our priority! That is why purified water and high standards of hygiene are the most important ingredients of our recipe for pure, safe, healthy meals!
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in iquitos for 2 wks whilst working trying a different restaurant each night. We found ourselves being drawn back to Dawn on the Amazon on numerous occasions. The food is the tastiest around and the staff are very friendly and speak good English.

DawnontheAmazon, Owner at Dawn on the Amazon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Thank you Robert G, for your very good review. We are happy that you think that our food is the tastiest in Iquitos and that our staff are friendly.

Trying a different restaurant each night for two weeks, must have given you a fair sample to choose from. We are honored to be your chosen one.

Best regards,

Bill Grimes and the team at Dawn on the Amazon Cafe

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Living in Iquitos for 3 years now, I find myself at Dawn on the Amazon often for my choice of a great location and high quality food! Situated on the Boulevard and overlooking the Amazon River it is the best location in Iquitos. Nice cool breezes even on the hottest days. ...And the beer is always cold and the juice drinks always fresh!

Thank you Cliff T, from Iquitos Peru, for taking the time to make your excellent review. You are much appreciated, and we look forward to having you back for on our corner overlooking the river soon.

Let's get the check list out;

High quality food ✔
Excellent service ✔
Best location ✔
Nice cool breezes off the river ✔
Beer is always cold ✔
Juice always fresh ✔

I think you have summed us up.

Warm regards,

Bill Grimes, host of Dawn on the Amazon Cafe

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We only ate here once during the week in Iquitos, but the food was good and safe. The service was extremely slow the evening we were there.

Thank you Kwik303, from Highlands Ranch, Colorado, for your very good review of Dawn on the Amazon Cafe. I apologize for the slow service the evening you were there.

I remember there was a group of around 20 that had ordered just before you arrived. We have a small kitchen, and everything is cooked fresh, so when a large group arrives service may be slowed down for the next table. I know that our kitchen staff work hard and efficiently to be as fast as possible. We always have a head cook and two helpers on duty, and my wife Marmelita joins them when a group arrives. She makes two head cooks and that is all the room we have. More helpers would just get in the way in our kitchen.

Dawn on the Amazon is a small but popular restaurant. We try our best to make sure everyone is satisfied. I wish I could have spent more time with you, and that you had returned for another meal when we weren't so busy, I think we would have made a better impression the second time, but I'm grateful that you thought our food was good and safe to eat.

Best regards,

Bill Grimes, host of Dawn on the Amazon Cafe

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Dawn on the Amazon continues to be one of the best restaurants in Iquitos. The food is presented well and the staff as always is excellent. The girls on the morning shift always have a bright smill and always make sure your meal is just as you ordered. The guys on the evening shift are just as efficient attending to your every request.

DawnontheAmazon, Owner at Dawn on the Amazon Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Hi Loren W, from Mena, Arkansas. Thank you for the excellent review of Dawn on the Amazon Cafe, Great Food, Great Service. I am happy that you emphasized our servers, who must be some of the nicest people in Iquitos, as well as the best group of servers in Iquitos. They are the face of of Dawn on the Amazon to the public, and thanks for recognizing them.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Iquitos.

Very best regards,

From Bill Grimes and the entire Dawn on the Amazon family.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Out of my two week stay in Iquitos, I spent maybe five days in the city. I found Dawn on the Amazon Cafe very pleasant, and chose to eat breakfast and drink my morning (and often lunch- and evening-) coffee there. I always asked how long ago the coffee had been brewed, and if a lot of time had passed, I was very pleased with their offer to make me a fresh batch. The coffee wasn't the cheapest in the city, but well worth it.

Oh and they had two really cute waitresses I enjoyed flirting with. Too bad I don't speak the language and their english wasn't much better than my spanish. Don't get me wrong - I got by very well with english, and chatted quite a lot with the guys working there. A waiter named Billy impressed me by taking the effort to learn the names of all of us who frequented the place!

Thank you Testi K, from Helsinki, Finland, for your excellent review of Dawn on the Amazon Cafe. This review, and that you came back again and again are the best compliments you could give us.

You will be happy to know that our waitresses have been taking english lessons and are much more fluent than before.

I'm pleased you were impressed by one of our waiters. Billy is a remarkable guy. Everyone likes him

Our best wishes,