“Thank you Amazon Reise Tours for recommending this trendy cafe.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dawn on the Amazon Cafe

Dawn on the Amazon Cafe
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Iquitos
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Taking care of the health of our client is our priority! That is why purified water and high standards of hygiene are the most important ingredients of our recipe for pure, safe, healthy meals!
Canmore, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you Amazon Reise Tours for recommending this trendy cafe.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Dawn on the Amazon Cafe is a very trendy spot on the Boulevard. Outstanding Western and Peruvian dishes - first class. Meet people from all over the planet, mostly sharing their Ayahuasca experiences. Polite and efficient staff. We ate here at least once a day for 10 days.

Visited August 2012
DawnontheAmazon, Owner at Dawn on the Amazon Cafe, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you 4036886787, from Canmore, Canada, for your excellent review of the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe, and thank you Amazon Reise Tours for recommending us. The best compliment we could possibly have is that you ate here at least once a day for 10 days.

Wishing you the very best from my polite and efficient staff also.

Bill Grimes, your host at Dawn on the Amazon Cafe

Santa Ana, California
“Hang out for mostly US travelers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

A comforting joint where you a re bound to run into people speaking English. Food is decent as well and the view is interesting.

Visited August 2012
Hello Machupichutraveller, I suppose I should be thankful that you took the time to review Dawn on the Amazon Cafe, but really, you said we were average and that Dawn on the Amazon Cafe is a Hang out for mostly US travelers. The day after I saw this review I took an informal pole of some of our clients over the course of the day. This is a snapshot of our clients for that day; 3 from Canada, then another 1 from Vancouver, 1 from Scottland, 1 Bolivia, 1 Australia, 3 Great Britain, 7 Peruvians, 2 Austria, 2 Belgium, 4 French, 1 Brazil, 1 Neatherland, 1 Bulgaria, 1 Swiss, and 5 US travelers.

This is normal. We are international. I suggest that you are equally wrong to give the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe an average score.

Bill Grimes, Host of the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great food and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Dawn of the Amazon is the meeting place for visitors from all over the world. It's in a great location down by the river (and close to Plaza de Armas) with really great food, juices and smoothies. Loved their sandwiches. And Bill and Marmalita couldn't be friendlier

Visited July 2012
Thank you xamananz, from the Auckland Region of New Zealand, for your kind words and excellent review of the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe. As you pointed out, our cliental come from all over the world, and our cuisine is also international.

Your health and happiness are our priority. I hope you will return to Iquitos and to our corner of the boulevard to meet again.

My best,
Bill
Managua, Nicaragua
“Glad I made it to Iquitos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had the pleasure of being in Iquitos this summer (winter there!) and stopped in at The Dawn on the Amazon for a drink and internet one morning. The staff was truly friendly and attentive. I was only there for coffee but when I saw one of the staff serving a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice, I could not resist. The service and the quality enticed me to return. The place became an addiction. My most memorable dish was the chicken parmesan sandwich which was as good as I have ever had. The best thing about the place however is the owner, Bill Grimes. In addition to running a "tight ship", he is THE go to guy for information about the area. I would suggest that anyone making his/her/their first trip to Iquitos contact Bill before or when they arrive. I could have saved myself some wheel spinning and intestinal damage had I done so. Great place!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank roncon09
DawnontheAmazon, Owner at Dawn on the Amazon Cafe, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Ron Connors, from Lima Peru, Thank you for taking the time to post your excellent 5 star review of Dawn on the Amazon Cafe. I am so proud of my "truly friendly and attentive" staff without whom Dawn on the Amazon Cafe would not be the #1 restaurant in Iquitos. I respect them so much. I am so happy with how they are. They are undoubtably 5 star staff, and nice, smart, hard working people.

We hope you will return to Iquitos one day and stop by Dawn on the Amazon Cafe for another one of our unique Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches.

Best regards,
Bill
Iquitosperu
“My KindaPlace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you are in Iquitos and you are looking for :
Great atmosphere.
Great company.
Fantastic location overlooking the Amazon.
Freezing cold beer.
Unbelievable food.
Great service frompleasant staff.
Then the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe is the best place to go.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank MikeCollis
DawnontheAmazon, Owner at Dawn on the Amazon Cafe, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear MikeCollis, from Iquitos Peru, I am honored to receive your endorsement in your excellent review for the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe. From our "pleasant staff" and I, thank you so much for declaring the Dawn on the Amazon Cafe as your "KindaPlace" Your opinion is very important to us.

With very best and warmest regards,
Bill Grimes